Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian Ribs

I have read two Asian based baby back rib recipes by Meathead, the Hoisinful Nine Dragon (found on this web site) and the Happy Mouth Yakitori (found in his book). I'm curious as to why in the Hoisinful recipe he calls for cooking the ribs in a full slab but for the Yakitori the recipe calls for separating the slabs into individual ribs before marinading. Thanks.

Meathead ?

Comment

Not sure about that but someone here has perfected the ribs cut into single parts. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...blasphemy-ribs
      Last edited by HawkerXP; November 9, 2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I've been on the road. The Nine Dragon ribs are marinated and as I have explained marinades do not penetrate more than 1/16 to 1/8" so I wanted more surface area for the marinade to penetrate and flavor the meat. Cutting ribs into individual bones also allows them to cook faster BUT, they tend to be chewier.

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Actually, I think there some confusion here. The Nine Dragon rib recipe calls for the ribs to be marinated but cooked whole slab. It is the Yakitori ribs which are not marinated that are cooked separated into individual bones..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here