Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparts pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparts pork

So I just met my new neighbor while I was out cleaning in the locker.. got to talking and drinking beer.. I asked him what he did for work and he said he works at the comparts pig farm 20 miles south of me. I asked him if I could buy pigs from them. He said sure as long as it is 10 or so.. sounds like I will have whole and half hogs from comparts!! What are the chances..

serendipity for sure! congrats. It's all about networking.

Comment

Do you have some place to butcher them??

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I can figure something out!!😄 I just wonder what they will want,. Price wise..

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I can shed some light on that RonB

My Mister came home with some Duroc tenderloins last week from Comfrey Farms, not Compart. Both are based in Minnesota. I was a little confused at the similarity of the names, but quickly got over it. The tenderloins were delicious.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess is comfrey is running comparts genetics but doing it all natural.. which is a play on words in my book.. they even offer a no anti-biotic version.. I give my baby chicks oregano oil in their water which is a natural anti-biotic.. this all natural organic craze is out of control..

• Craigar
        Craigar commented
        Editing a comment
        Comfrey is what our local Fareway is stocking for Duroc pork belly and butts. The wifey brought home a butt a couple of weeks ago and holy moly, what a difference! Now I'm spoiled and won't buy the "normal" belly & butts. I am hoping they have some ribs in the near future.

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        Craigar -- Fareway is running a special this week on pork loin and pork tenderloin, both from Comfrey. I picked up a loin today. All of them in the case were small -- around 3 pounds, give or take. I look forward to cooking it this coming week.

Backroadmeats -- I wonder too about the shared genetics. The two outfits aren't all that far away from each other. More power to them both if they can make a go of raising and marketing specialty pork.

10 year old pigs? What did he mean by "as long as it is 10 or so"?

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Blmao

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        10pm or so at night when you collect them. Super cheap cash only......

• Backroadmeats
        Backroadmeats commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahumadora that would be a sweet gig but those hog farms are very secure.. I have to wash out the cattle trailer before going to the farm . If ya go in the barns you have to take a shower and wear their clothes.. very secure facility!!

We’ve been using Compart Duroc for years now and even compete with their ribs and butts.
      Very marbled and tender Ribs with semi straight bones are an added plus for the turn in box.
      Never had anything from those guys that wasn’t top notch!

Comment

So where and when do I place my order???

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          You can place your order here .. it is the pickup place I am concerned with😃😃

Networking is always a great way to find your sources. Well done.

Comment

• Backroadmeats
          Backroadmeats commented
          Editing a comment
          Drinking beer = networking !! I like it. I will run that by the wife and see how it goes!😄😄

Don't look a gift pig in the snout.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here