Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Bacon Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Bacon Recipes

Hello All!

I have a 10LB pork belly that is just waiting to be made into bacon and this got me thinking... What are some of your favorite bacon recipes??

I have tried a few and I really like @ecopower 's Maple-Bourbon Recipe, but I am also a fan of Jalapeno bacon. Once I get home I'll post some of the recipes I use on a normal basis.

Cheers!

Here is mine. I use maple wood. You will also need to adjust your temp to 200 - 210 to meet Meathead Irequirement not to smoke below 200. I also have modified it to not take it off until it reaches 150 - 155, this ensures it is fully cooked.

http://www.willowcreeksugarhouse.com...oked_Bacon.pdf Enjoy

Comment

Here is a collection of all of our bacon recipes.

Make sure to give this article on the Science of Curing Safely a read. And please use the included calculator to determine your curing time and the amount of PP#1 to use in your cure. Other recipes are not as safe nor do they account for different thickness or size of bellies. The calculator will give you the exact amount of time and PP#1 to place in your cure for your specific piece of meat. Let me know if you need any help with the inputs, I am happy to assist you with it if you have questions.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        That is great to hear! Chief1232

No, I hope it does not come to that again. ComfortablyNumb

• Chief1232
        Chief1232 commented
        Editing a comment
        ComfortablyNumb I didn't even think about the bacon post that had all of the drama when I posted this. Hopefully it doesn't end that way again....

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Chief1232 It won't.

I'm gonna be doing MH's Maple version today. My question is the liquid and PP#1 increase but the salt doesn't? Still only 4-1/2 tsp. ?

Comment

Originally posted by JimLinebarger View Post
        I'm gonna be doing MH's Maple version today. My question is the liquid and PP#1 increase but the salt doesn't? Still only 4-1/2 tsp. ?
        This is at the bottom of the page for scaling the recipe:

"For all ingredients except Prague Powder #1 you simply multiply them by how many times more meat you are using. Since my recipe is for 3 pounds, if you are making 6 pounds, multiply all ingredients except Prague Powder #1 by 2. To get the right amount of Prague Powder #1 and the adjusted curing time, use Prof. Blonder's calculator on my page on the
        Science Of Curing Meats
        ."

Are you going to use the PBC? ;-)

Comment

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, ComfortablyNumb. Guess it would help if I actually read the whole thing! Now the lightbulb went on! Starting to understand why some called me "Dim" instead of "Jim".

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          JimLinebarger At least your name isn't 'Numb'! ;-)

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          ComfortablyNumb At least you are comfy!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here