Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thick Pork Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thick Pork Ribs

Thick Pork Ribs is something that's always available in the stores here. I don't know exactly how it differs from country style ribs, as we don't have them here. Either way, this is pork ribs with a lot of meat. What could possibly go wrong?

I smoke these like a pork butt. They're done when they hit 95° C (203° F) or when they're probe tender. Whichever happens first. So, apply your favorite rub, smoke them low 'n slow until done. I cooked these on my no-name kettle with the SnS. I used apple wood chunks from a tree I cut down last year. They were real juicy and very tasty.

The raw ribs

Click image for larger version

Name:	thick-pork-ribs-1.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	754449

Rub applied

Name:	thick-pork-ribs-2.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	754450

Ribs on the grill

Name:	thick-pork-ribs-3.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	754447

Here they are (upside down, you can see the ribs)

Name:	thick-pork-ribs-4.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	754446

Nice bark

Name:	thick-pork-ribs-5.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	340.2 KB
ID:	754448

Interesting. Have not seen this here.

Comment

Ribs with the belly bacon on before it is seperated. These look great, nice n meaty.. Thanks for sharing...

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Yip

Wow those look great. A whole new spin on Dino Ribs. Nice cook, Henrik . Thanks for sharing it with us.

Kathryn

Comment

I’ve cooked something that looked like that, my local grocery store was selling it...Snake River Farms kurobuta short ribs. They were really good.

Name:	E3290EB3-0017-4336-8697-4F4E5D7574D4.png
Views:	295
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	754468

Comment

Cook those all the time in slow cooker have yet to smoke one.
          On the old bucket list.

Comment

Your roast sure looks like the cut of meat that American butchers would then slice into country ribs. The meat colors vary and the muscle fibers go every which way, with layers of fat and collagen in between. Looks nicely smoked and very yummy, Henrik!

Comment

So, were there bones in that? I really didn't see them? Regardless, it looks great, and I bet tasted better!

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Forth pic down where the meat is cut open bones are on the right side of the meat.
                They're usually only 1" or so long.
                Really tasty cut of meat, around here they're in the $10-20 range.
                Great in the winter in the slow cooker when its just too darn cold to fire up the smoker.

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, forth pic. You can see them there, they're 5 inches long.

Haven't seen a cut like that around here but those look awesome! Reminds me I need to order some KC Royale rub.....

Comment

• Henrik
                Henrik commented
                Editing a comment
                Gotta stock up ;-)

Yes I'm guessing this is what US butchers chop up into country style ribs. Either way, if you can get them like this, buy 'em! They are super tasty. Lot's of great flavor, and it's hard to ruin them. Kind of like a pork butt.

Keep smokin' y'all!

Comment

Those ribs are just fantastic!
                The next time i'm in Sweden i'm gonna buy myself a whole ribside and make them myself.

Comment

Henrik those definitely look like country style ribs. It comes from where the shoulder and loin meet. Ask your butcher where the cut comes from to be sure. Country style ribs come boneless or can have bone in them here in the US.

What ever you have it sure looks delicious.

Comment

• Henrik
                    Henrik commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool, country style ribs it is then!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here