Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My baby back ribs taste like hot dogs. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking your hot dogs taste like ribs and are the best dogs ever! (kidding)

Comment

I can't be of much help other than to think you might be into a good thing. Put them on a roll and you got Rib Dogs.
      Will be interesting as to what conclusion you eventually fathom.

Comment

Just close ur eyes and enjoy,,,,
        who doesn’t like hot dogs ??!!!

Comment

Obviously, you purchased hot dog ribs. 😝

Comment

Maybe it was a bone in hot dog?

Comment

Never ever do hotdogs and / or fish on the same cooker that you do other stuff on. Invest in a picnic table top cooker for the dogs and fish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSB 3.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	754361

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSB 5.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	754362

My list of hacks is available for trade = any rub or sauce recipe. LoL

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmm. I've had a LOT of hot dogs on the Genesis and kettle, as well as grilling a few fish fillets over the years. Not sure how hot dogs would stink up a grill. I can understand the concern with fish, especially if you were smoking it a long time or something, but then again.... I've never had an issue grilling (not smoking) fish on my grills.

My nephew makes ribs with your method, wrapped for most of the cook, then sauced. I think "hot dog" might be a good way to describe the taste/texture. I recommend trying another rack, unwrapped with some fruit wood for smoke and see what you get.

Comment

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, too long a wrap - you might as well boil the ribs or cook them in a crock pot. They would be braised, not smoked or grilled.

Did y’all know that Sam’s can/will cut your ribs to St. Louis style for you? As long as you go when they are staffed behind the meat counter they will do it. 👍🏻

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here