Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cook in quite a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook in quite a while

Hey gang. Been quite a while since I’ve posted or smoked or grilled anything. It’s been a busy summer and to be honest it’s been too darn hot here in Houston. But yesterday dragged out the PBC and the Webber and burned some charcoal since it’s been awhile and today made some baby backs. Now I wonder why I waited so long. Maybe the best I’ve made yet.

I used Hank’s KC Royale Rub and Bone Sucking Sauce. Ran for 2 hrs 45 min in the PBC and didn’t wrap. Delicious.

Happy Labor Day everyone.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Obi-Dan; September 2, 2019, 07:57 PM.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Comment

Looookin Gooood! PBC, pbc…………...………...…….

Comment

Good to see you again Dan. This 100+ degree heat has gotta break...don’t wanna leave the house !! I just throw the meat on the pavement and come back in a little while and it’s cooked!! Geese...

Comment

• Obi-Dan
          Obi-Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the most miserable I remember a summer being in quite a while. Maybe I’m just getting older and crankier. But man has it been a long hot summer.

Hey, up here we had a high of 75. In the 50’s tonight. Winter’s comin, yup!

Comment

• Obi-Dan
          Obi-Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          We can talk again in January.

It’s almost 10pm and it’s currently 85 degrees. High today was 98.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Ouch. Hope it cools down by the 27th, I'm to fat for that heat...coming down for A&M and ARK

• Obi-Dan
          Obi-Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          (SmokinG) fool I hope it cools off by then too. Normally it is but things aren’t going normal this summer. We’re looking at 100 degree days this week. In September!!!! Enjoy the game. And hope you can make a trip to Lockhart and get some BBQ.

You haven't lost your touch, Obi-Dan . Those ribs look great.

Kathryn

Comment

• Obi-Dan
          Obi-Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Doctor.

Nice Ribs! Good to see you posting again.

Comment

• Obi-Dan
          Obi-Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Yeah, good to go from lurking for participating again.

Very nice! Welcome back.

Comment

Excellent looking ribs!

Comment

Comment

• Obi-Dan
              Obi-Dan commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s about what my daughter game them.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here