Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some discerning whiffs in the neighbourhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some discerning whiffs in the neighbourhood

A picture perfect evening and the aromas a testament to the fact.
    My cousin who was born blind can identify most things that have been tossed on a braai. While waiting for my kettle to settle he identified lamb cjops with boerewors coming from a live fire grill a few houses down the road.
    The neighbours behind us are doing chicken and the houses across the valley that have smoke signals are out of nose reach.
    Our spare ribs and pork belly burnt ends are currently bathing in the smoke and his opinion is it's the best smell of all (and no he's not biased)

Wishing all a fragrant filled weekend.

One of the better bennes of BBQ is the aromas produced. beaten only with the end results being eaten. Thanks holehogg

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

I agree - it's really hard to beat the smell of meat smokin'.

Comment

Your cousin’s sense of smell is something we cannot comprehend. With that said, you are one talented cook! 👍👍👍 🕶

Comment

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Amongst at lot of other thibgs he can tell what speed you are travelling in a 4 cylinder car by listening to the rev's.

Keep the Smoke Rollin'!!!!

Comment

Whenever the smoke from my Weber blows thru the neighborhood there is a noticeable increase in traffic on my road. Coincidence? Hmmm 😃

Comment

Sometimes I'll toss some fragrant wood on the fire after the cook is done just to kick up some smell in the yard. No one has ever complained.

Comment

Wow. Ask if he can tell what I cooked yesterday! Hehehe,

Comment

• holehogg
                  holehogg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did mention blind but nothing about psychic. 😜
                  He generally navigates around unassisted and if a door happens to be ajar and he walks into it he's promptly told to look were your walking.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here