Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe

Hello all,
    Having some friends in for the weekend and I would like to make some pork belly burnt ends on the primo. I have never done these before so looking for a good recipe. I did some searches and came up dry, but that could just be my searching technique.

Any recipe/help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s how I roll: https://hankstruebbq.com/pork-belly-burnt-ends/

I’m sure others will chime in soon with their recipes.

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, fellas!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't know you had the book. I'll pick up a copy. I will tell everyone I know the author...

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!

These are fantastic with MMD!

Comment

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Malcolm Reed’s recipe is a good one.
    Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe - Pork belly smoked, then cooked with butter and brown sugar until tender. Finished with a Sweet Glaze.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately my lovely wife see all my BBQ masters and freaks out about...….well...…….their size. Makes it had to bring something new, pork belly burnt ends, to the table. I'm going to try it this weekend. Back to school cul-de-sac party!

• pjlstrat
      pjlstrat commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      You're gonna love 'em HawkerXP! They're really rich so pick a good side to go with them. I did sweet corn and coleslaw and they seemed to balance out the PBBE's pretty well. I like to cook them real slow. 225 all the way to get 'em like butter.

All the recipes above are great! You will not be disappointed!

Comment

I use the recipe from this website, including his rub: https://www.vindulge.com/smoked-pork...ipe-and-video/

For the braising sauce I use his basic recipe but here are my tweeks: Stubbs BBQ sauce, 3 sliced jalapenos, butter, honey (more than in the recipe), and water because it can thicken and carmelize too much during the braise.

Once I added some chopped shallots and a couple of chopped Arbol peppers to the braise along with the ingredients listed above and it was one of my best batches.

Comment

• pjlstrat
        pjlstrat commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Thank you to all that posted!! I will post some pics when done!

Comment

• Mudkat
        Mudkat commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking forward to it!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here