Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making Pulled Pork Nachos Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Pulled Pork Nachos Today

Hello Everyone,

I'm making Pulled Pork Nachos today.

It starts with smoking a pork butt. I bought a nice 6.3 lb butt from Publix last night, injected it with a homemade injection, and rubbed it with commercial Butt Rub. Then put it back in the refrigerator overnight (12 hours).

The injection recipe (makes one cup):

3/8 cup brown sugar
    3/8 cup apple juice
    3/8 cup water
    1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
    1 TBS table salt
    2 TBS real maple syrup

I'll be smoking the butt on my Pit Barrel Cooker at 300 degrees with pecan wood chunks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190816_194400.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	731182

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190817_104626.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	731183

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190817_111233.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	731184
    Last edited by TBoneJack; August 17, 2019, 02:23 PM.

After 3.5 hours at 300 degrees, the internal temperature was 165. I double-wrapped in aluminum foil and added 1/3 cup of apple juice, and returned to the smoker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190817_143514.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	731187Click image for larger version

Name:	20190817_144751.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	731188

Comment

Lookin' good.

Comment

Oh yeah, one of our favorites!

Comment

Good idea for left overs tomorrow.
          I've got a butt on the Keg now fighting thru a miserable stall.
          Been in 165 range for 2 hours now, wrapped it an hour ago and yet to break 170.
          We've opened all the dampers and fanned the flames to see if we can't bust thru this.
          Its man against butt!!!!

Comment

My mouth is already watering, but I can't wait to see how you use the butt in the nachos. Please don't forget the follow up!!!

Comment

I've started finishing up PBC cooks with nachos. What the PBC does to the cheese is magical!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here