Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Pork Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Pork Tenderloin

I often make a grilled pork tenderloin - seasoned with southwestern style spice, wrapped in bacon, and grilled on medium indirect. Tastes great with pico de gallo on the side. I'd like to try smoking it, and perhaps then grilling it. Anybody have any ideas?

Reverse sear works great for pork tenderloin.

Comment

Yup, reverse sear with a small chunk of fruit wood tastes great!

Comment

Low and slow to 125 or 130... rest. Sear all sides. Profit.

Comment

Indirect heat with smoke on my Weber take to 110 and a quick sear.

Comment

OK, once again, I didn't follow through with my original thought. Thanks to you for the smoked pork tenderloin ideas. It was just too darned hot (note: need to win one of the pellet smokers!).

So I used olive oil, and Penzey's Fajita Seasoning - yes, I'm that lazy when it's 106. Swaddled in bacon, put on indirect medium to about 155 (Maverick ET-733). Turned once to keep the bacon browned. Let rest while the wife (she keeps living with me, so I'm guessing the BBQ is OK, 41st anniversary is later this month) heated up some refried beans. That and some apple sauce, and it was a might fine meal.

Apologies in advance for the pics. I keep forgetting to take them before we start eating. Ate them with corn tortillas and salsa.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like might fine eating.

Comment

Tie entire length in as neat of a roll as possible with butchers twine. Sprinkle with Memphis Dust, drizzles some honey and spread some peach butter (apple butter works) over the cut and soak overnight in the fridge in a gallon baggie. Cook @ 225 +/- until IT of 245 using cherry wood for smoke, rest for a few minutes then slice and serve. Have plenty as it will not last long. Plate up with fresh corn on the cob, creamy dijon - dill potato salad and follow it up with a awesome carrot cake or dessert of your choice.

Comment

• wrgilb
                wrgilb commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you must have meant an IT of 145 not 245

It's lean. IMO it needs to be cooked at hotter temps otherwise it dries out. I like to add a bit of wood when I cook them. It picks up plenty of smoke with a golf ball sized chunk. I recommend cooking it to 140-145 internal.

Comment

Dry brine for a day or two. Season/rub as you wish--maybe MMD. Pop the tenderloins into a rotisserie basket and cook 'em at around 375°F-ish 'til they reach 140°F IT. Eat!

Easy, quick, tasty.

Comment

Thanks! I got 5 pork tenderloins on sale, so I'll be able to try out some of your tips and techniques. More good eating - and bad pictures - to come

Comment

my go to tenderloin recipe came from Weber's Big Book. "Disapearing Pork Tenderloin". I will post the recipe.. Been thinking of adding bacon and this pretty much gty's it!

Comment

• btuckertx
                      btuckertx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is a conflation of Disappearing Tenderloin and one with pancetta, except I generally forget to marinade it, and I use bacon instead. Can't get pancetta locally.

• Dan Deter
                      Dan Deter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've used that recipe also...it does indeed disappear!

I cook these often. Dry brine at least overnight. Sprinkle of Montreal. Chimney of KBB ashed over. Indirect to 125-128, cold grill sear 1 minute per side times 3. Just did 2 last weekend and they were excellent. Bought both at the local grocer in the "bargain" bin for $1.99 each. So very tender and moist. Sure make a quick and excellent meal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here