Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork belly burnt ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork belly burnt ends

I have read here about pork belly burnt ends, how people thought they were so great. I hesitated on making them. I thought about all the fat in pork belly and had a hard time imagining how good that could be. I certainly don't need to eat more fat! I have made enough bacon, but you cook that again and render more fat off. So I did it today, and what a wake up call. Not really fatty. Fantastic flavor. Another thing I would have missed out on if I had not been a member of the pit.

Sound great.

Comment

Congrats on the win! 😃🙌 I’ve never been able to get pork belly burnt ends to come out the way I’d like. Some time when you feel like experimenting, give them a whirl using country style pork ribs instead of pork belly. I like them better, because there’s less fat to them.

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey y'all, that looks great! Super simple and oh boy I could just nibble on those all day!. A couple of observations from the video... that Yoder looks like a fantastic piece of equipment. I like the way he placed some foil over the front edge of the smoker to keep it clean. I think he could use a better knife. I would like to like the Killer Hogs, but don't want MSG and don't feel it is necessary. Saved the link - I'm going to try this! Thanks!

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        treesmacker - If you Google it, to can find Malcolm's recipe for his BBQ rub to make at home. It doesn't have any MSG. It does have tomato powder, however, which you may have to order on line from Amazon or similar

I'm with ya brutha! Never heard of them or half the stuff in here until I joined. But boy are they good when you try them!
      Last edited by Mudkat; August 3, 2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

They are up there with my all time favourites. My wife does not like fatty meat nut has no problem eating PBBE.

Comment

Next variation you need to try is pig candy bacon. Take and chunk cut bacon, marinate with brown sugar over night then cook them like burnt ends. Little children, gorgeous women and even dangerous animals will love you for it 👍

Comment

I made burnt end pork belly bahn mi sandwiches a while back. Wow.....the five spice powder and smoke was wonderful together. That mixed with the quick pickled veg......

Glad you you tried something you found here and enjoyed it! now we get to throw variations at you to try!

Comment

• treesmacker
              treesmacker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, I did those sandwiches from the Amazing Ribs Pit recipe and they were great!

Yep, those are always a crowd favorite every time.

Comment

This post reminded me that I have a pork belly in the fridge. Gonna cube it and smoke it today. I usually add jalapenos when I braise them at the end; today I'm going to add some chipotle puree as well.

Comment

Made a couple batches recently. Not something I should eat every day but definitely something I want to eat every day.

Comment

• gdsim1
                  gdsim1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fun fact - if you eat PBBE in a quiet room, you can actually HEAR you’re arteries hardening! 😃

• gdsim1
                  gdsim1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Seriously, I want to know how many of y’all read that and went "Really? COOL... I’m trying it!" 😂😂😂

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here