Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork for a good cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Pork for a good cause

I agreed to cook up something for a friends Ministry.
    72.04 pounds pork butt brined and rubbed with MMD. On the smoker at 4:30 PM at 200°F hickory pellets.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	72 lbs 1 7-26.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	721947
    Fully loaded!

Name:	72 lbs 2 7-26.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	721948
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/ofell/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]

At 12AM turned up to 25

Name:	72 lbs 3 7-26.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	721949

Coming off the smoker 9:30AM at 205°F

Name:	72 lbs 4 7-27.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	721950
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/ofell/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image008.jpg[/IMG]

This and 3 more pans pulled, reheated, and ready to go!

Name:	IMG_0253.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	721951
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/ofell/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image010.jpg[/IMG]
    They’re off to feed the homeless along with some sauce and buns at my friends Ministry.
    First big (for me) cook.

Congratulations X 2! One for pulling it off and the other for helping the less fortunate.

Comment

Very nice thing you are doing.

Comment

Your a good man.

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Try as I might. Sometimes I even get there. thanks

Nice job for a worthy cause!

Comment

Looks great!! I am finding that I get more enjoyment in cooking and the reactions I get from people are almost as great as eating the stuff I cook..I cooked 30 lbs of chicken and some hot dogs for a family reunion yesterday..I didn't even try the chicken because I knew it was good... And there were hot dogs from a local meat locker that are great. Well done!!

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Good Job!!

Comment

Very nice of ya to donate yer time, resources, an skillset to helpin out th less fortunate, truly a commendable thing, and a great lookin PB cook, as well!
                Nicely Done!

Comment

Wow. Nice thing to do! And a heck of a lot of meat.

Comment

Nice job. Helping others is always a great thing.

Comment

Looks good! And solid work helping out a ministry! I'm sure the food was a hit.

Comment

Keep about a pound of the pork. Today sandwich with pepperocini peppers and Plowboy Tarheel Tang in a toasted cibatta bun.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0254.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.80 MB ID:	722653
                        Last edited by ofelles; July 29, 2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Beautiful, an tasty soundin sammich, Brother!

Bet it tasted like Victory, didn't it???

You deserve a tasty sammie like that for all the hard work you did for the Ministry, ofelles . I bet there wasn't a morsel left over there, and that the meal for the homeless was deeply appreciated. You're a true BBQ hero.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here