Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Some Folks Knock Baby Backs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like both. The are different, but good. I don’t subscribe to either/or about ribs or cookers. My preference doesn’t mean it is isuperior.

Comment

While I have had some good baby backs the fact that they are loin meat is a little off putting. I prefer the spare meat with the rich belly meat. There is also that nearly $1.50-$2.00 difference in price for smaller bones.

Comment

My wife like SLR much better because of the amount of meat they have. I also prefer SLR. But with a name like Baby Got Back you would think there would be more meat on them.
        Last edited by JimLinebarger; July 18, 2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

SLR’s fer me,BBR’s fer my better half
          I like the fattier , she likes the leaner,,,,,she makes an exception when it comes to me,,,TG !

Comment

I just prefer the taste of Spares/SLR’s much more.

Comment

I Prefer STL ribs buy have to trim off alot of the fat to be real good. Back ribs are a pain in the butt to cook, just need to take a sip of your beer and they have dried out in that time. It's ok if you are only doing 1 or 2 racks but usually I have a dozen or more racks going at once.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Loves me a dozen walks or more of Wibs! 🕶

I like meat. I grab what is the cheaper of the two. In fact today baby backs were cheaper. So two racks in the fridge for tomorrow.

Comment

I’ve always been a baby back guy. It’s been years since I’ve done spares/StL...might be time to try them again!

Comment

I'm a flip flopper. Sometimes when I flip it means I prefer BB. Other times when I flop it means STL. Maybe it's the other way around? I guess that ultimately means I dig both.

Comment

My wife likes babybacks better than spareribs but me personally likes them both.

Comment

I knock back baby backs because they are delicious.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here