Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauce in pulled pork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
    I like to serve that PB nekkid...

Kathryn
    * eyebrow waggle * How YOU do'in?!

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      You all will never know!

Kathryn

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      That got a real LOL

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I imagine it did, Pit Boss. I could classify myself as a side dish, but that's probably TMI for you all. Hahaha.

Kathryn

Well i'm making MH mustard sauce and i may use it on half and leave other half bare. Thanks!!

Comment

You won't be disappointed

Comment

Do you use a rub? I like sauce when I am eating leftovers. when the meat is right off the smoker, it needs NOTHING, not even, really, teeth! I do rub and I brine, as well, so it isn't like I just throw a hunk'o'pig on the smoke. Sauce is handy if you don't use rub and even if you do.

For Myself, I make sauce from the fond and drippings of the cook. if you use a rub, the flavors in your drippings will be the same flavor as the meat so the sauce goes with very nicely. it also helps boost the flavor when you reheat. it will also protect the meat from freezer burn if it goes that far.

If you have never made a fond sauce, let me know. I'll be happy to walk you through it. of course, there are FAR better and more experienced cooks than I so you may get a much better answer from them.

Comment

Karon, no drippings caught on a Pit Barrel Cooker, due to design, especially if hanging the PB from the rebars.

As I said, I like the PB without sauce (I'm not saying "nekkid" again!!! ) , but a splash of Meathead's Lexington Dip takes the flavor to a whole new level. You might want to give it a try.

Kathryn

Comment

I make my own Western Carolina (Lexington) style sauce (thin with plenty of vinegar but also some ketchup) and I love it. I usually lightly sauce before serving, but only the amount I expect to consume immediately. I use the meat unsauced for other dishes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here