Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs on a Weber Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs on a Weber Q

cooke these ribs for friends Wednesday night turned out perfect 😊
    Attached Files

Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Nicely done.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Marinated 48 hrs with Wright’s liquid smoke, garlic salt,Weber grill mates, thyme,paprika, after 48 hrs seared all sides on grill then slow cooked for 1.5 hrs , 15 minutes before finishing I basted with maple syrup honey and Stubbs original bbq sauce turned out super moist and delicious

Comment

Pullin off some great ribs on a Q is, in my humble opinion, a noteworthy accomplishment, an a testimony to yer cookin skillz, amigo!

Comment

• surfdog
            surfdog commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same...thus my post above.

I think occasionally we can sometimes forget that not everyone hanging out here has access to multiple cookers...and many (most?) simply make do with what they have. I know I am guilty of that.

So when I see something tasty like those coming off a Q I am truly humbled. With my cookers I have NO excuse for them not to be perfect every time. So any failure is entirely on ME.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            surfdog 'Makin do with what ya got', is, to me, what cookin is alla bout... It's how life was, when I was a learnin to cook... ((Still is, to me, )

Bein able to attribute any failures to myself, as appropriate, is a highly developmental, an motivational carrot, to dangle out there, in front of me, an an intrinsically necessary step, in development as a cook

A steady diet of Humble Pie almost certainly has never caused any fatalilties, other than to some folks' egos...

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I cook on a bizarre variety of cookers, not cause I 'haveta', but because it gives me great pleasure to watch folks faces, when I pull great food outta them, heehee...

An, yup; I enjoy th challenge...
            surfdog

Sometimes you just can’t fire up your smoker for a couple of racks of ribs so your options are limited, and here in Montana good wood is a commodity I have to order from out of State,to get hickory,pecan, mesquite, even oak so you just make due and adjust😊

Comment

Quality cook on a mighty little cooker. I’m planning on steaks and sausage on my Jumbo Joey tonight, you know sometimes small is a mighty big thing !!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Lookin fwd to that, Brother!
              Ya know I'm always All In fer a Smokey Joe (or Jumbo) cook!

It's a fun pastime, economical of briq usage, an, ultimately, fun to watch folks jaws drop, when they see where their food was prepared.

Cain't think of a more efficient use of kbb, but, disclaimer; ain't tried out my relatively recently acquired CGA, yet, either... I'm sure it's gonna be Big fun, or I wouldn'ta laid down no hard-earned dollars, after it...

Lookin' good.

Comment

Great job on those ribs! Just goes to show that a good cook can generally turn out good food regardless of the heat source.

Comment

That’s impressive. I have seen much worse ribs turned out on much more expensive cookers !!

Comment

good looking ribs! keep up the good work.

Comment

Wibs!?! Did someone say WIBS? Yes, please.

Comment

Tell us about your process and the cook.

Comment

@ Nate I put the ribs in a ziplock bag after removing the membrane off the ribs I dumped a bottle of Wright’s hickory liquid smoke and garlic salt for 48hrs after that I took them out of the refrigerator and dried them off I seasoned them with Weber grill mates paprika,and thyme and a dash of kosher salt seared on the grill on all sides, when that was done I propped them up against each other on about a 45% angle over indirect heat, ( no flame under them) I turned the grill down as low as it would go about 270, left them go about 1 hr and fifteen minutes, made my sauce with Stubbs original and 4table spoons of honey and the same with pure maple syrup warmed it up, basted the ribs all sides waited til they were sticky about 5 minutes and then pulled them out and served them with macaroni salad made with bacon bits uncooked sweet peas onion mayo and fresh shredded cheddar on top.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                          Mr. Bones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wowzers! Jus went out, checked th mailbox fer my invite, then remembered it was a Sunday, d'oh!
                          Mebbe Next Time, eh?

So does your Q have 2 burners and if so do they run east to west or north to south?

My Q only has 1 burner... it is a Q1000 that I picked up at for $99 on clearance a number of years ago. But I’ve always loved it and it can be quite the workhorse.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here