Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Pork Fatty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Pork Fatty.

So, this is the first fatty I’ve ever made. Learned a lot, wasn’t perfect, but it was delicious! My son helped make it. Here’s how we did it......

the bacon weave....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FD84B742-DD30-4E6F-B769-068F64E3B000.jpeg
Views:	214
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	708801

Added the Jimmy Dean sausage roll next.......

Name:	78084913-D8BD-48A3-A285-C7BF7A7A434A.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	708802

Left over Pulled Pork from the 4th.......

Name:	12A2D230-9AA9-455C-A319-C2CC237B1163.jpeg
Views:	177
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	708803

Cheese was next. Sharp Tillamook Cheddar, Welch cheddar, and Havarti..........

Name:	A5577677-D51C-4B19-99CE-1C2FBB8BD156.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	708804

A few dashes of Stubbs BBQ Sauce......

Name:	E0A06563-85BE-4947-ACE9-7B5157AC3B26.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	708805

And all rolled up!

Name:	DF811044-751F-474E-ABE4-521139D05D7D.jpeg
Views:	189
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	708806

Threw it on the kettle and added some cherry for smoke.....

Name:	A916D3E6-29C0-43F1-A4A7-FC28EF2BE9B3.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	708807

Name:	A174AE0A-BC90-47DC-BA8A-27EFF9C0C3CD.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	708808

The Payoff!

Name:	B75A441D-0F6B-4025-93EB-3742F131295D.jpeg
Views:	186
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	708809

Name:	4FBCC253-1BBC-4635-AC36-22F3C18CE039.jpeg
Views:	203
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	708810

it was excellent! Brushed half of it with Stubbs to see which side we would like better. Both were great. Most of the cheese melted out of the bottom. One of the lessons I learned...... cheese should have gone on after the sausage, then it would not have been at the seam. Also, it was over stuffed. Overall, a great use of the left overs! Oh, I should note that I dusted each layer with a little bit of Memphis Dust. Try it out!

Looks great to me.. maybe try high temp cheese to keep it from melting out?? Just an idea.. I have to try one of these.. hope you had a great 4th..

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a bad idea on the cheese! The bacon weave was a bit loose also which I think contributed. Hope you had a great 4th too!

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fantastic, on my bucket list too.

Looks fantastic!

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, sir! It was good indeed!

OK, I’m in,,,, cholesterol pill when I go to bed,,,,,

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, yeah, it was absolutely a pork bomb....... worth the heartburn!

Nice job Ricky, those are always fun to do !!

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir. Yes, I will certainly do this again! Can only get better from here!

Wow! I'm both thankful ,an deeply honoured an privileged that ya chose to share such a Special Moment with us, especial with yer Son helpin out...don't give two (expletive deleted), er, ah hoots what others might have ta say: Life don't git no better than them there moments, Brother! Treasure each an every moment, cause it's gone, POOF, dang dang fast...

B'twixt yerself, an me...I hadda put cling wrap all up on my keyboard, jus lookin at th pics...

On th positive side of things, it gives me a Great excuse, other than Old Age, if somebody should stop by, happen to ketch me all a droolin...

Please, do tell yer Son that Mr. Bones is Very Impressed!!
    ...Yup, reckon it won't mean spit to him, now, but mebbe, jus mebbe, someday...

PS: how old is yer Lad?

Mebbe he would think it 'cool' to see "Scary" Mr. Bones, instead o th regular dime store photo booth one I generally present???
    Worth a try, I reckon...I know a thing or two, bout Sons...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Mr.Bones_87.jpg Views:	6 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	708892
    Can also be used, as a highly demonstrative admonishment, ie.: "Don't scrunch yer dang face all up like that! Do ya wanna look like Mr. Bones, fer th rest of yer Life???"etc.
    Ain't nobody wants that, I'd haveta reckon...

Peace Out, Reaper 13!

Bone Daddy fwd, out...

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Brother, this is awesome!!! I can’t wait to show him tomorrow !!!! He is currently 10, but turns 11 this month. He’s getting more and more interested in helping out when I have one of the pits fired up. Does my heart good! All’s quiet on the perimeter Bonedaddy Forward, Reaper 13 out!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sitrep: All Secure, BoneDaddy Fwd, out.
      Nighty Night, Sweet Dreams... Reaper 13

That looks great.

Comment

Looks fantastic!

Comment

Looks really great, especially for the first try. I bet it was delicious.

Kathryn

Comment

I'd be chippin the cheese off the bottom grate! Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here