Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simpler is Sometimes Better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simpler is Sometimes Better...

Grilled pork tenderloin. Direct over KBB with a few pecan chips for light smoke flavor. Famous Dave’s Rib Rub. Served with roasted potatoes and red pepper garlic coulis from Meathead’s book.

Simple, easy, and great meal. The red pepper coulis is as easy to make as a recipe gets and is outstanding.

Attached Files

Yep excellent. Tenderloins only need a short time on the grill.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      We have a terrific local butcher who sells them from the case. They’ve become our go-to when we are tired of chicken.

Actually, based upon a lifetime of widely varied experiences, I'd haveta say that 'Simpler Is Better' only applies to %99.9999999+ of all real life situations...

Comment

Looks delicious!

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was, especially with the red pepper sauce.

Love a pork tenderloin.

My go to is just applying Salt, coarse Pepper, garlic powder, and Rosemary... sometimes some onion powder too.

I usually have a famous Dave’s rib rub and a few McCormick’s rubs around too for convenience.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
      Reds Fan 5 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are like boneless, skinless chicken or chicken thighs—a blank canvas. I typically use my own rubs and seasonings. Sometimes, though, I just want to grab something off the shelf and go. Famous Dave’s has served us well.

Looks awesome!!

Comment

Great Pork Tenderloin Reds Fan 5 . You nailed it!

Comment

pjlstrat Thanks,

Comment

Ya know I think I’m gonna fry some.

Fry the whole dang thing I think.
          Thats gonna be good.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
            Reds Fan 5 commented
            Editing a comment
            HouseHomey, that sounds like a great idea!

That looks great. You nailed the temperature. Pork tenderloin is great, I really like it with some kind of sauce as well.

Comment

jgreen Thanks. Still difficult for many people to accept some pink in pork.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
              Oak Smoke commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the problem here. My wife will not touch it pink. When we first married she wanted her steak well done, I've finally gotten her to eat it with a bit of pink, but not pork.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here