Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Butts today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past the stall yet? Probably time to start letting the temp drop regardless. The time the meat spends at temperatures above the stall really helps it get tender and the fat melt.

Comment

Yum. Eatin good in the neighborhood. I have yet to perfect smoked taters. I'm trying different methods.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee i wouldn't call them smoke taters because they were wrap with foil. When I do the chicken thighs Sunday I'm going to smoke some sweet potatoes without the foil.

After 9 hours in the chamber and 1.5 hours in the cambro here is the first one before and after it's pulled. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0455.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	70585 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0457.jpg
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	70586

Comment

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        You can't leave us hanging like that. How'd it taste?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0458.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	70595 David Parrish the wife said it was the easiest pork butt that she has ever pulled and as far as I'm concerned it was the best pulled pork that I have smoked. I will not be wrapping anymore pork butts.

Comment

Awesome to hear! Once you go unwrapped... You don't go back!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0459.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	70598 And of course I have to have a pork sammich with Max Good "Black Swan " Hot BBQ sauce

Comment

Yum yum!

Comment

I had planned to do a butt today, but grabbed a cushion by mistake. Still worked. Was on the Char-Griller Deluxe since about 9:15. Just came off at about 4:45. First time I managed to get it to 203. Usually it gets to be about 6 and I settle for chopped pork instead because we are tired of waiting. No pics this time, maybe the next one A little on the sweet side this time, over compensated for the heat of the mustard in the sauce..

Comment

DW thanks for the show. I agree no more wrapping for me. Everyone will just have to wait. However cooking through the stall with higher heat might compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by DWCowles View Post
                  Got the Lang heating up for a couple of butts. I always wrap them when they hit the stall 160-170 but for the first time I'm not going to. I will post pics though out the cook.
                  I am new to bbq but loving it. With only 6 butts on my belt so far i always wrapped, the last one i did, i did not wrap i did finish in oven at 265 until 200 degrees with a water/drip pan under. At 197 degrees i cranked the oven to 500 so the last ten to fifteen minutes really toasted the crust. I found the meat to have a whole different outcome and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Loudside30 View Post

I am new to bbq but loving it. With only 6 butts on my belt so far i always wrapped, the last one i did, i did not wrap i did finish in oven at 265 until 200 degrees with a water/drip pan under. At 197 degrees i cranked the oven to 500 so the last ten to fifteen minutes really toasted the crust. I found the meat to have a whole different outcome and loved it.
                    Welcome to The Pit! We're glad you're here. Time to get to work on that signature

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here