Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reheating pork ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reheating pork ribs

This has probably been talked about to many times already, but I'm to lazy to go back through the posts.
    I'm going away for a weekend and the daughter and son are coming over to spend the weekend with Mom and want me to made ribs for them. What is the best way for them to reheat them? I assume the oven?

I usually reheat sous vide and then brush with sauce and finished under broiler or on grill. Without a sous vide I would wrap in foil and reheat in oven and then sauce and broil/grill

Comment

Lately I've been doing scores of ribs for folks. Either foil in the oven or microwave in a container for the reheat. The ribs are cooked to the bend test, sauced, sauced thickened, chilled and sliced while cold into individual ribs. I arrange in foil after slicing (kinda piecing back together the slices), and then vacuum seal.

Comment

If I know I’m gonna be eating the ribs next day I’ll slightly under cook them in my smoker and then wrap in aluminum foil.

Next day I’ll open the foil, spritz them with a touch of apple juice or other liquid then wrap back up and finish in a 275 degree oven for an hour or so. Then I’ll open the foil again, sauce them and finish them under the broiler until I get the char I’m looking for.

Comment

Steam to reheat

Comment

Step 1 : 1 beer ,3 ribs ,45 seconds in the micro
            Step 2: another beer, 3 more ribs ,45 seconds in the micro

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here