Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking pork the NC way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Comment

Being from the South West US, it took me a bit to get used to Eastern NC sauce. After over 7 years here, it has definitely grown on me. But then again I never was much a fan of the standard BBQ sauces available at the store (I recently discovered Blues Hog though, which I do love as a glaze, but still don't drench my stuff in!). I haven't found a NC style slaw that I like much though, so I'll give this a shot home made and see if it's better.

What I like to do for my West coast palate... I rub the meat with whatever dry blend then I baste or spray the pork in NC sauce while cooking. When serving I only use more Eastern NC sauce when it's on a bun. Maybe weird but I prefer sauerkraut instead of slaw on the bun. The wife like pickles and sometimes slaw and DRENCHES her pork in vinegar sauce.

If you haven't tried vinegar based BBQ sauce yet, give it a shot. It might grow on you

Comment

If you put mayo in your BBQ slaw, the terrorists win.

Comment

LOL No it is slight and is delicious. Pork is sweet and can handle a little a little sourness of the mayonnaise.

Comment

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            Say what? Did you move to NC from New York?

Thanks for this write up, very informative.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here