Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest event for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest event for me

Click image for larger version

Name:	BC4DE330-C46C-4ACB-9F2B-A10CAF402E13.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	696882Click image for larger version

Name:	024C02B4-ED96-4C51-806F-9FCEE16CBAA7.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	696883 I mentioned in an earlier post that I had been asked to cook for a big shooters luncheon. 150 people. All I’m doing is the meat. 80# pork butt for pulled pork, 30 chickens to be spatchcocked then quartered. For a smaller gathering right afterwards they wanted appetizers so I’m doing poor man burnt ends with 4 chuckles and 40 hot dogs. Pork is on, chuckles going on at midnight, chickens in the morning. Serving at 11:30. Using American Barbecue Systems Judge to cook on with hickory. Updates to follow.

Looks like a good start. And that cooker is a monster.

Comment

Lookin' forward to the photos.

Comment

Whohooo!!! Best of luck on the event. Patients and timing. Allow more time for "everything."

Have some fun!!!

Comment

WOW !!! Here comes the judge !!!!

Comment

Yowzer! That's a lota meat!

Comment

Name:	036A027C-0098-4094-9A8A-E9C79789E973.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	697458 Update. The event went well. Not quite used to staying up all night tending the fire, but I got through it. Did 8 butts,30 chickens for the main course, and 4 chuckles and 40 hot dogs turned into burnt ends for afterwards. All done on time and got rave reviews. Learned some more about using the Judge so next time will be better. Looks like I’ll be doing it again next year. I’ll do ribs though. They’re easier and I can do 70 baby backs at once.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Donw
                Donw commented
                Editing a comment
                Outstanding job.

• Troutman
                Troutman commented
                Editing a comment
                Sir I just stood up and saluted you !!!

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh. Hail. Yessss, Brother!!!!

Mission accomplished!!!!

My Beloved Cowboy Hat is doffed, in Respect, Amigo!

There aren't sufficient superlatives to interject, at this point, so I'l jus go dark, time bein...

Those cookers are Legendary, yet ANOTHER mega-quality BBQ product from MOKAN, like 20 mins from my hovel, er, home...

Yall, jus keep on a 'flyin over'; We.Got.This, Here! (two hunnert years ago)
                Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 19, 2019, 07:33 PM. Reason: H

Name:	37BC9BD3-1472-4627-A132-EB4BBB3EA3D1.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	697519 Finally got a picture of the crowd.

Comment

Exceptional.

Comment

Wow, great job! Must feel good to get rave reviews after staying up all night, and that grill is a beast!

Comment

• Keiferr
                    Keiferr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It did feel good! Even better was the long koozie on my beer since I was the only one drinking during lunch!

awesome work!

Comment

Ready,.....Aim......Fire!
                    Good work man! Very, very cool!

Comment

Sort of catching up from driving back from vacation. Man those look good. Congratulations. Any where from around Devil's Lake we had a cabin there when I was growing up.

Comment

• Keiferr
                        Keiferr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        mountainsmoker, I'm just north of Detroit. Thanks for the comment!

Great job! I’m thinking it’s safe to quit your day job now ... 😎👍 ...

Comment

• Keiferr
                        Keiferr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        MBMorgan, I'm retired. Lol! Ain't much left to quit!

• MBMorgan
                        MBMorgan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Keiferr - Same here ...

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here