Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight with the wind & lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight with the wind & lost.

Click image for larger version  Name:	461C5800-A5C3-4548-B162-4A66E27358AF.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	693285Click image for larger version  Name:	0AEFAF66-0C27-4240-B741-9E514AD71AFE.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.71 MB ID:	693284Click image for larger version  Name:	CF10AC84-0C43-4E52-B9DB-5F950D3078AB.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	693283 Cooked some country style pork wibs. They ended up barely edible cuz they cooked in 3 hrs at anywhere between 275 & 350 degrees. I can’t say I’ve had such a fluctuation in temps. It would jump or drop 20 to 30 degrees in seconds. Meanwhile climb in 30 degree blocks in minutes. The wind was fierce & I had the vents practically closed on my Weber. Went for a walk with my dog 1 1/2 hrs into the cook, came back 1 1/2 hrs later & the coals were spent & the meat had a nice "bark". Most of it was edible, little small porcels were, ahem, charred. Thank goodness for fat! Here’s proof:
    Last edited by FireMan; June 10, 2019, 10:39 PM.

I built a wind protector for up in the mountains it can change from up slope to down in minutes. Just give your self 12 inches around the grill and 3 sides so you always have one side to reach it. Works like a champ. The house normally blocks the one side.

Comment

You either need a wind break or you need to break some wind.

Comment

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        If sweaters make you sweat, then you probably shouldn’t wear a windbreaker.

I'm guessing that someone doesn't give a rip though...

Comment

They call the wind Mariah ... although I can suggest a few four letter alternatives if that would help ... 😎 ...

Comment

I fought the law and the law won.

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            exactly what I thought when I read this title.

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Reminds me of a saying: "like minds sometimes think sorta the same way". Yup I know it reminded me of somethin.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
          Have been contemplating buying a bandsaw to help cut up some of my cooks....quite possibly a jack hammer....jaws of life....

Comment

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess a defibrillator wouldn't help.

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Naw, tickers still not too bad....chompers is taken a beating though having to knaw thru some of my monstrosities.

With this cook, looks like you lived up to your moniker, FireMan.

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, if ya can’t beat em, Fire em!

Burn Baby Burn...…...Disco Inferno!

Comment

It's often advisable to not try to grill when conditions warrant otherwise.....

....at least you knew enough to not try doing something else private in the wind
            Last edited by Troutman; June 11, 2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

A great learning experience for you. Like most things. When you mess something up is usually when you learn the most.

Comment

Not all bad you got to eat most of them.

Comment

I can emphasize with you. Dallas is given to gusty winds followed by calm. I built a windbreak which helps cut down the temp swings.

Comment

I can emphasize with you. Dallas is given to gusty winds followed by calm. I built a windbreak which helps cut down the temp swings.

Comment

Nature always rules!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here