Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

75 pounds of pork butts. 3x Modified Memphis Dust & Columbia Mustard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like there will be a group of happy eaters some time soon! I always have a bottle or two of the Columbia Gold sauce in my fridge. Most people around here have never really heard of mustard sauce, are very skeptical, and then fall in love with it once they taste it.

Comment

Regarding that Cannon 80D: if you have a local art school or other place that teaches photography classes (college, camera store, etc), it's well worth your time to take a class on DSLR photography. The behavior is so much different than film!

I shoot Nikon gear. I mostly shoot in full auto, since the algorithms have become so good over the past five years. But when I need control, I use the "Aperture" setting to pick an f-stop and let the camera pick a shutter speed and ISO for me. It's crazy how good the DSLR images are at ultra-fast ISO these days. You have to add "grain" in photoshop if you want it!

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        I leave all that fancy stuff up to my wife, she has a Cannon 7D as well as a Nikon 3500 (or places she doesn't want to take her cannon). Hell, I'm lucky to find the camera app on my smartyphone

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a Nikon D500 that I have had for years. I usually shoot in auto too, but I really should take the class.

+1 on learning how you modify the Memphis Dust. I just started making pulled pork this past month. I've already used my first batch of dust!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Nate I just replace the Ginger with Allspice and the Rosemary with Thyme. Both Ginger and Rosemary give me a bitter aftertaste.

Going to be doing 70 pounds of butts late next month. Following you and others doing large cooks.

Comment

Beast off the kettle is done and resting. Others in the pellet are catching up. I have 3 hours left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ButtKettleDone.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	693107

Comment

Butts in the pellet were plenty barked. Most 160-170 internal. Stainless table easily held two hotel pans. Let them ride in the ovens until probe tender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ButtPelletDoneWrap.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	693134

Comment

Absolutely awesome cook!!!!

Comment

The photos looked great, but one quick tip: Look up white balance. IMO, setting an appropriate white balance (either while shooting or in post) is the single largest thing you can do to help a photo.

Comment

• fttank
                fttank commented
                Editing a comment
                That was my thought also that white balance was off. I set to auto with good results.

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, still playing with it. I made sure my light meter was centered since most pics were taken in less than optimum light. Next round will be better.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here