Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Catering Job - Not really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Catering Job - Not really

The wife and I have a Christmas party each year for about 50-60 people. We sponsor a family in need through the local social services office and we all buy gifts to give 1-2 families a Christmas they otherwise could not have, The party is a wrapping party for all the gifts and great excuse to eat great food and have some drinks.

Every year I make babyback ribs for the party a la Last Meal Ribs, on my Primo XL. They are a huge hit every year. About 2 weeks ago one of the families that come to the party asked if I would do ribs for their daughters graduation party....GULP!!! They asked for St. Louis Style.

I am doing it but taking zero $. They are good friends so this is my gift to them and their daughter. But yikes...Messing up with your family is WAY different then messing up for an event.

Ribs have been dry brining for an hour now and firing up the Primo in about an hour or so to stabilize, then Memphis dust and off the races!!!

Wish me luck please and please say a prayer to the BBQ gods for me (St Lawrence, or whomever you fancy)

How do I get myself into these things!!!!!!

You'll do just fine. Trust your experience. The only real difference I have found between baby back and St. Louis, is that because the St. Louis 'thicken' up a bit more, they may require a little more time. Bend test is your friend.

Comment

Thank you!! Not my first St. Louis so not scared of that, just scared of the whole cater thing.

nice buck by the way!!!!

Comment

Ya know what to do, so don't go gittin no stage fright...

Prep them ribs up right, th way ya like em best...

Make sure yer fire an cooker is like ya need it to be, an monitor to make sure it's stayin that way...time will take care of th rest.

How many racks ya doin?

Might well have to occasionally rotate some racks, to ensure even cookin / finishin at (approx) th same time.

Best of luck, thanks fer takin us along, keep us posted, pics are always welcome, as are any questions...

Have a great rib cook, Brother!

Comment

• pjlstrat
          pjlstrat commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!!! Doing 6 racks it’s tight so probably 7 hours instead of 6.

You know what to do, and you have successfully done it before. Ya got this!

Comment

• pjlstrat
          pjlstrat commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Hour 2

Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmm chefs bits
          Attached Files

Comment

• AverageJoe
            AverageJoe commented
            Editing a comment
            Love me some Chef bits. I get some with the little trimmings from the brisket as well. Keeps me from gorging when I am slicing it LOL.

Looking great so far. You got this in the bag.

Comment

After six hours I had some that passed the Ben test others that were close and others that were kind of falling off. So I double wrapped everything threw it back on for another hour took it off sauce screaming hot gas grill and here is the final product . I am absolutely freaking thrilled they came great !!!!!! Yes I did pull some of the choicest ones for the top row for presentation . Thank you to everyone for your support could not of done it without you .

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a solid cook! Enjoy!

Comment

Beautimous lookin ribs, Brother!
                It's all You; all we did is coach a lil bit from th dugout.

Comment

Good looking turn in.

Comment

Nice work! It is so satisfying when you're feeling the pressure but still nail it.

Comment

• pjlstrat
                      pjlstrat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you.....and yes it is!!

Great looking ribs! congrats to the grad.and congrats to you!

Comment

• pjlstrat
                      pjlstrat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you!!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here