Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smoking butts in PAN (or not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will use pans for butts, because it is easier than using foil. However, I want to keep the Au jus so I do not poke hole in the bottom of the pan. I actually use butcher paper these days. It is much more cost effective, and I like having the paper around to put down on everything I am cooking on.

Placing them in the pans will make the cook go faster, if you have them covered. The holes in the bottom will allow the juices to run out into your pit, but the evaporative cooling should still be severely hindered by having them covered in the pans, holes or not.

Do it how you like, my friend. Although I would urge you to skip the holes on the bottom of the pan because you are missing out on some tasty Au Jus!

Comment

Sometimes to all of the posts above------but I have always wrapped and sometimes put the wrapped butts in a foil pan for ease of clean up and to save the juice that might leak out of the foil. As I've mentioned several times before, we end up feeding some older adults that would think "the bark" is burned meat and that "Skip" screwed up again! I'm in Minnesota where lots of my Family thinks all "bark" comes from dogs. I'm the youngest and only 64 so still have to prove myself at times!

Comment

If ya choose to roll on yer grate, then pan at th stall, might wanna put yer smoker beans, or other sides all up underneath yer nekkid butt, to ketch summa that renderins, prior to pannin...
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 26, 2019, 09:13 PM. Reason: n

Comment

Since this question has come up, previous, I actually have culled some pics, placed in a 'Panned' folder, so here goes:

Some of em go back 6-8-10+ years...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2379.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	721127
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2384.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	721128
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2389.JPG Views:	3 Size:	1.65 MB ID:	721129
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2402.JPG Views:	3 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	721130
          Here's been summa my results; please, bear in mind, I ain't got but a 'Learner's Permit'...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2403.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	721131
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2404.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	721132
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2405.JPG Views:	3 Size:	1.21 MB ID:	721133
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2406.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	721134
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2407.JPG Views:	3 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	721135
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2408.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	721140
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2409.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	721141
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 26, 2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Yum. Doing one today.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here