Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Pork Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Pork Candy

This is a combination of Harry Soo's Pig Candy and Malcom Reed's Bacon Burnt Ends. Bacon is Meathead's Maple Cured pork belly recipe cubed into bite sized chunks. Put them on a rack, there's going to be a lot of dripage....

Click image for larger version

Name:	pig candy 01.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	689278

Next put together a mixture for a sweet and savory coating...

Name:	pig candy 02.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	689279

In a large bowl add;

1/3 cup of turbinado sugar
    1/3 cup of light brown sugar
    2/3 cup of pork rub (Killer Hogs in honor of Malcom)

I used some worcestershire sauce as a binder and dredged each piece in the sugar/spice rub....

Name:	pig candy 03.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	689280

Back onto the rack and smoked them with a little cherry wood at 225* for 1 hour until they got rendered and all sticky....

Name:	pig candy 04.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	689281

Took some of Malcom's bbq sauce and coated each piece returning them to the pan. Back onto the smoker to set the sauce for about another 45 minutes....

Name:	pig candy 05.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	689282

The result was these gorgeous little burnt end pork candied gems. I won't even begin to describe the flavor, there are no words in the English language.....

Troutman and family devoured this in less than 15 minutes, you gotta make a batch of these !!!

They look awesome!! I have some bellies in the brine now. I know what I am going to do with some of it.

Comment

Can it get any better than that???

Comment

Lookin' really good.

Comment

Cook a lot of bellies its my favourite piece of meat. Have two 4 pounders in fridge that will be treated with the same love you gave yours tomorrow. Don't have same rub and will use KC BBQ sauce.

Yours look super sensational.

Comment

Thanks! Pork Candy is on my "to-do" list. Will follow this recipe when that time comes. The Killer Hogs rub is good stuff.

Comment

Yep bacon burnt ends take it up 10 notches!!! Working on an even bigger jaw dropping plan at the moment.

Comment

Looks amazing Steve. And I love Killer Hogs too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here