Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breakfast Fatty (First Ever)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So good. Nice job on the assembly.

Comment

Oh I would destroy that thing. Nom nom nom

Comment

Key Lime recipe for Santa:

I can't remember the size of my pan but I believe it was a 9.5 deep dish.

Crust:
        I kind of did my own blend of 1 package (the box had 3 packages in it of maybe 6 to 8 crackers, I don't think you would need the whole box, just roughly two cups of crumb) Honey Graham Crackers, and roughly 15 Gingersnap cookies finely crumbed in the food processor.
        Add 1/4 cup sugar and 6 Tablespoons melted butter to the processor, and runit for another 5 seconds or so.

Next, dump the crumb mixture into the pie dish and press down to form the crust. Bake at 350 for about 6 to 8 minutes or so.

Filling:

Dump the following ingredients into your mixing bowl and beat on med-high for two minutes:
        - 28 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk (I bought two 14 ounce cans and use only what pours out on its own; I did not scrape)
        -1/2 cup Sour Cream
        -3/4 cup Key Lime Juice (I used Nellie and Joes since Key Limes are hard to find here in KY; it can be found right next to the regular lime juice in your juice aisle)
        -2 egg yolks
        -Zest from 1 regular lime (during my research I read key lime zest can be too chewy but I did not test this)

After mixing, dump the mixture on top of a fully cooled crust, and bake until only the center is slightly jiggly, anywhere from about 16 to 20 minutes at 350. You don't want it to go brown on you.

Let it cool for about an hour and then refrigerate for about 3 hours. I've eaten it plain and with cool whip, both were wonderful. I've tried making my own whip cream before but never found a recipe worth using over the convenience of Cool Whip.

You will have to let me know what you think if you give it a whirl!

Thank you .

Comment

• Santamarina
          Santamarina commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the recipe...can’t wait to try it. Key limes are easy to come by here in CA...and they’ll be even easier once the key lime try I planted last year starts to fruit!

I can’t remember where I saw this but when I make a fatty I’ll put the sausage in a gallon size zip bag and roll it out with my rolling pin removing the air as I go. Then I cut down the sides and open the bag up and cut the one side off. Then I’ll flip the sausage onto the bacon and then pull off the other side of the bag off.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here