Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soda in a spray bottle for pork butt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soda in a spray bottle for pork butt?

So I have about 3 more hours in my cook and I have an epiphany to use either coke or Dr. pepper as a spritzer to keep things moist. I usually just use water (if anything) but I’m kind of thinking coke, Dr. Pepper, or root beer could be interesting. Has anyone done that before? What were the results? I’m not planning on doing it this time around but it’s something I intend to explore next time and I’d rather hear about other people’s experiences with this before I devote a Saturday of BBQing to it.

We use root beer 90% of the time never had a complaint.
    If not root beer a mixture of apple juice and bbq sauce the other 10%.

Comment

• Epicnemesis
      Epicnemesis commented
      Editing a comment
      Great to know! Root beer would be my go to but my wife hates it. I might try to sneak it through.

Hams cooked with Coca Cola or Pepsi have been a staple of the South for decades.

Comment

• Epicnemesis
      Epicnemesis commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea that was where the thought came from. My sister in law cooks a great ham in coke. My concern was using it as a spray in a smoker might lead to some overpowering burnt taste. Will definitely give it a try next time.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here