Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon burnt ends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon burnt ends?

My wife asked if I could make bacon burnt ends. I told her that I had read about pork belly burnt ends. She said the article she had just read talked about how incredible bacon burnt ends are. Here's my questions, are they the same thing? If not, how would you make bacon burnt ends. The other problem is that she doesn't want any kind of sweet sauce on them. Any thoughts would be welcome.

I just saw this post about them. https://howtobbqright.com/2019/05/09/bacon-burnt-ends/

Looks pretty similar, but you use slab bacon, and you have them in the cooker for less time.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
      Oak Smoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. In retrospect it was dumb question, of course there's a difference between pork belly and bacon. I just hadn't come across bacon burnt ends.

Yep I make em. Just use Meatheads bacon recipe then do the burnt ends as normal. I dial it up a bit with honey, jalapeño and extra black pepper...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here