Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie’s ribs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
    Good looking ribs ByTor ! Blasphemy ribs are great, and take about half the time (2.5 hours for me). The advantage - bark and rub/sauce all over each rib. The disadvantage - it takes more space on the grate. And you won't want to wrap them.

If these were too fall off the bone, you might want to just skip the wrap entirely next time, and leave everything else the same.

I don't dry brine with salt if I use a salty rub. I like one called Bad Byron's Butt Rub that I buy around here, and its salty, so I just use the rub as my dry brine.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing your next cook! Now I need to go take some ribs out of the deep freeze....
    Thanks! Yeah, I was really unsure of the timing having never done it on this grill or using Grill Grates. I could probably just forgo the paper but I do think it helped, I just added it too early and left it on too long. It would probably be fine without.

Yeah, learned on the brine. I really want to try the Memphis Dust. I also have a bottle of Famous Dave's I'll have to use sometime as well. I'll check out the Bad Bryons as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here