Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled pork takes forEVER on my WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hulagn1971 View Post
    Keep the water pan in there do not fill it with water just put foil over the top so it's easier to clean. I typically smoked my butts at 275 to 300 degrees. … You're pulled pork looks amazing by the way.
    Ah yes, leave the bowl in but empty. I’ll do that. How long do yours smoke for, with and without the wrap if you know? And thanks; everyone was super happy with the meal, even if it was many hours late ;-)

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unwrapped I've had it take anywhere from 14hrs to 17hrs. Wrapping to get through the stall it usually takes about 8-9hrs.

23 hours once on my cooker trying to adhere to the 225 rule. hotter is better.

Comment

The Costco ones are round and fairly big/thick and easily take 12-14 hrs.

I have to wonder if the AR recipe assumes the smaller/thinner ones like those I see in the local grocery store.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        I have wondered that too, as I think all my briskets and butts have always taken a lot longer than the recipes on AR, if cooked at 225.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here