Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm an idiot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do dumb things regularly, outside of bbq. Just couple weeks ago was making coffee. Instead of putting the grounds in the basket & filter, I put them in my cup that had creamer in it. Caught myself at only 1 scoop of course, but still.. Or the microwave beeps, walk into kitchen and open fridge, stare, wonder what I'm looking for. That kinda stuff.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Friday at work I had all my Prep our for a lemongrass satay marinade and fired up the Vitamix. The issue is there was nothing in the blender and it ran for about 10 seconds while I was talking. Oops

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys have been spying on me! I hate it when that happens

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      That microwave-fridge thing is cuz they are to close to one another. Put the fridge on the other side of the room, problem solved.

I put the probes in the main thermometer station and forgot to put them in the meat. Wondered why everything stalled at 76 degrees.

I'm an idiot...

Comment

To paraphrase Shakespeare. I’m an idiot let me count the ways.

Comment

I was going to say I never did that, then youse guys started throwin in other stuff that I done did. Well at least nobody here’s mentioned burnin their eye brows off in a cook, saved my mustache. 🕶

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          You ever grind up jalapenos for BBQ sauce, wearing gloves to be safe, then like an idiot scratch you eye with you gloved hand? Yeah....me neither. Except that I actually did.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Worse! I was slicin em up & eatin em straight from my garden with no gloves. We, a friend & my wife enjoyed em & then had the idea of going to a Mexican reastaurant. Ordered, then rubbed my eye.............

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          My buddy was cutting scotch bonnets then used the washroom without washing his hands....darn near washed the poor thing right off, used all my wife's cold cream cause milk did nothing.

Well, like these folks all said, you’re in good company and welcome to the club.

Comment

I posted my burgers on the drinking thread a little while ago. I think I got it corrected. But I’m an idiot, so...

Comment

• Willard
            Willard commented
            Editing a comment
            I see this thread growing rather large.

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Jussss so’s ya don’t post whacher drinkin on na burger thing, channel. Cuz ya woodent be drinkin a burger or burgerin a drink.

• IowaGirl
            IowaGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Boogering your drink, you say? Ewwwww! TMI!

I did some thing similar on my kettle. Opening vents, opening vents, trying to get temp but being cautious to not overshoot 225. Wouldn't get over 100. Opened lid and realized I had never even dumped the lit coals in there. There were sitting in the chimney a few feet away. I thought my neighbor was going to die he was laughing so hard.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Lovin it, Brother! Reminds me a lot of th idiot that lives in my skin...

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Was this by chance an indirect cook?

• castironchris
            castironchris commented
            Editing a comment
            It was an indirect cook.

I set up an indirect cook on my new 3-burner Weber gas grill with the center burner turned off and the outside two set to medium. The center indirect zone was staying much too hot, so I turned down the outside burners as low as they could go. Checked again a few minutes later, and the center zone was still way too hot. I started muttering under my breath about what I thought of this grill and how hard it was to control.

I finally got smart and LOOKED at the burner knobs. I realized I had absentmindedly had the center burner on HIGH the whole time.

Oops.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            HeeHee, I'm feelin it, Sister!

This is why th vast majority of my cookers ain't got no movin parts, lol!

Well, I'm not an idiot. I'm not. I'm not!

I've found that if I keep saying that over and over, like my therapist suggests, I start to believe it. But it never seems to stick for more than a few minutes.

Comment

How long have you waited for a stop sign to turn green? And how many times? Yep. I'm an idiot.

Comment

Gotta put my hand up as well make that both.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here