Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork Side

My girlfriend picked up something called "pork side" at the meat market. It looked like bacon but apparently when she fried it up, it didn't taste very good. She asked me if I wanted it and I said if it used to oink I will find a use. My limited research tells me that pork side is a leaner cut from the upper side of the belly. I think it didn't taste good to her cuz it was uncurred. Anyhow I'm trying to figure out what to do with it once I get it. I could try curing it but have to be careful because it is already sliced. Any ideas or insight into what "pork side" really is?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5786795551.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	674056

I was going to say what you already found from your research. You can still smoke it up (as a block) it will be tasty uncured smoked pork strips. Curing already-sliced pork is tough which you already realize, easy to overdo it and get sick.

Comment

Side meat is pretty good. Spice it up nicely and fry it, it makes yummy crispy pork fat. Mmmm......criiiiispyy.....poooork......faaaaattt.. ...

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        [Homer Simpson drooling face]

Originally posted by CaptainMike View Post
      Side meat is pretty good. Spice it up nicely and fry it, it makes yummy crispy pork fat. Mmmm......criiiiispyy.....poooork......faaaaattt.. ...
      <drool>

</drool>

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here