Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrister DEW's Best BBQ Butt - Second Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrister DEW's Best BBQ Butt - Second Attempt

Here's a link to the cooking journal with pix:

Date: 2/27/15 Cooked: Pork Butt - Pulled Pork Untrimmed weight: ? Trimmed Weight: 4lb, 5oz Cooked Weight: 3lb, 1 3/4oz. Bone? (Y/N): N Cooker: MES Injection: N Rub: Meathead's Memphis Dust Wood: Hicko...

Nice cook Dew... That meteorite looks beautiful. I like your Evernote cooking log too.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Breadhead

• Medusa
      Medusa commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice job!

Pretty cool use of Evernote. Get's me thinking about what can be done with DropBox. Let's see... summarize data from cooking log, photos, blah, blah. Provide link...

--Ed

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      That about sums it up Medusa. Thanks for the compliment.

Big bowl of goodness there Dewesq55. Have you made a pizza with it yet?

Comment

No, but I bet it's good. I'm planning to make Cuban sammiches and maybe enchiladas.

Comment

Looks like you've got some good eatin' ahead, Dew. Great job!

Pulled pork is so good in so many things. Besides your planned sammies and enchiladas, its good in tacos too, but you probably already know that.

Kathryn

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          fzxdoc Thanks, Kathryn. I have a green pork chili recipe that I do in the crock pot which is really just a version of pulled pork. At the end of the cook, I fish all the meat out, take out any bones and pull/shred it. I then stain the cooking liquid to separate the veggie solids from the liquid. I then put about 2/3 of the strained liquid back in the crock pot with the pulled meat to waem back up. That is my base. Finally, I puree the veggie solids with a stick blender and use the remaining liquid to thin it to my desired consistency. I get three different meals from this: 1) Tacos - I use soft flour tortillas and the pureed veggies as a green taco sauce. 2) Enchiladas - I put a small drizzle of the green sauce in reach one before rolling then cover the whole mess with homemade red enchilada sauce and cheese. 3) Green Pork Chili - I pour the remaining green sauce over the remaining meat, heat and serve in bowls.

Here is a photo which is to test whether photo posting is working again:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150227_150925.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	67671

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like it's working. Hopefully the bug is dead.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks that way, DWC. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yay, large pics for everyone!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here