Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke is Risen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke is Risen

Pardon the pun, but it was a glorious morning and a wonderful time to make a little smoke and reflect on what Easter means to me. He bore our sins and showed us the way, all we have to do is walk the path. Watching the smoke rise through the filtered morning light was very poignant for me this day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Smoke.jpg Views:	1 Size:	322.9 KB ID:	668116

Doing up a small pork butt for supper, and a breakfast sausage log a la Huskee for brunch. It is truly a beautiful morning. Happy Easter my friends.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Easter cook.jpg Views:	1 Size:	228.1 KB ID:	668117
    Last edited by CaptainMike; April 21, 2019, 12:14 PM.

That's beautiful, the pictures are good too.

Comment

Amen. Well spoken! What a beautiful back drop!

Comment

A lovely morning to be alive. Food looks great too.

Comment

They look so nice when they’re workin’!

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            I love it when they're chugging away during warmup, reminds me of an old steam locomotive. Nothing but TBS now.

• xaugievike
            xaugievike commented
            Editing a comment
            They do settle in nicely. Such great cookers.

Happy Easter my brother.

Comment

And a Happy Easter to you too! Gorgeous backdrop for that smoke!

Comment

Happy Easter, Cap'n!

Comment

He is Risen, He is Risen indeed. Happy day to you too CaptainMike and the AR Pit crew.

Comment

Hope you enjoy!

Comment

• CaptainMike
                  CaptainMike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can't look at those little chubs anymore without thinking of you and your method, gives me a nice chuckle every time. A local grocer carries a chorizo one and I'm thinking of giving it a similar treatment.

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  #honored! I love chorizo but never tried it that way. Mght either be incredible or awful, not sure... Hmm...must try

Thank you for this, @Captianmike.

Comment

What did one bunny say to the other bunny? Have a hoppy Easter!

Comment

Looking at the smoke rising from your Q....there's just something right about it.....

Comment

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes indeed, my friend, in so many ways.

Hi Captain, it was nice you posted this. I was going to post something similar from the standpoint of the last of my guests had left, the meal and company was good and the fact that what this day means to me and my family and that it is about our Risen King. I wish everybody a great day. Those pics of your cook this morning look great. Have a great night everyone.

Comment

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you Rob.

RightOn!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here