Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs Royale - Pork Ribs like Johnny Trigg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Just google "tiger sauce" and you'll find plenty of references to it.

• Troutman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    As you know I'm from Illinois and knew nothing other than the Kansas City style sweet ribs, with lots of Sweet Baby Rays to boot. Cooked tons of them. But yea my wife started me on the nekkid ribs, she actually prefers the Texas style (as you put it) which let's the meat shine. Either way, I'm a swinger !!!

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    @ Troutman I think it depends on where your from. Here in the Midwest we seem to like sweet but in Texas, where people love beef I can see why many there would like a more savory pork rub.

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on Tiger Sauce.

• SmokingSteve
    replied
    This sounds really intriguing. I do have one question. What in the world is Tiger Sauce? Never heard of it, but then again I am a newbie when it comes to smoking. So far I just have my Spirit II 3 burner gasser to work with, but I have been eyeing that MPS 340 propane vertical smoker that Max tested lately! Darned MCS!

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Big Time
    commented on 's reply
    Thx Henrik

• Troutman
    replied
    Great write up and pix Henrik, you're on kind of a role now that you've achieved Emeritus status

I gotta say though, I really don't like sweet ribs. I really don't even prefer to do too much saucing either, only a touch at the end for glaze. I prefer to let the meat shine through, in fact been working on my Memphis style dry rub ribs lately. Did a taste test with some friends recently and they liked the dry to the Parkay/Honey/Sweet ribs 2 to 1.

Again good alternative, it's great that there are several ways to skin the cat. I just like my cat skin nekkid !!!

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    replied
    Thank you all! Let me see if I can address some of your questions here.

1. Tenderness - if you prefer tug off the bone instead of fall off the bone - adjust cooking time. Just like all other ribs, they will tell you when they're done (the bend test). My timings are only a guide. All ribs are different, and these are so called "shiners". Cook times will vary. Make the necessary adjustments for your ribs from your supplier.

2. Sweetness - yes, these are sweet, but this is competition style ribs. Just omit the sugar they will be awesome! The butter + tiger sauce is killer.

3. Butter - yes, squeeze butter is a lot easier to apply. I mean a lot easier. The type I used is some kind of oil/margarine mix. Use whatever you prefer.

I'm gonna make ribs like this from now on (but with less sugar), they were amazing. That Johnny Trigg fella knows his stuff, that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    It _is_ sweet, but these are competition style ribs. But just omit the sugar, and you'll be fine.

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    Parkay!

• Willard
    replied
    Henrik I’m looking for ideas for ribs to cook at the end of May for our family reunion, along with burgers, dogs and sausage. Expecting over 30 people. Your write-up comes at a perfect time for me. I may have to do a dry run next week while I’m on vacation. Looks wonderful. Thanks a bunch, as always!

Leave a comment:

• FishTalesNC
    commented on 's reply
    That may be all there is to it Huskee , my pats of butter kinda slid off the hot meat. Henrik definitely shows a better wrapping process than what I used!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Guessing a simple ease of use with the squirt butter. But alas, I defer to those who truly know...!

• Elton's BBQ
    replied
    Great looking ribs and an interesting recipe!
    Thanks for sharing Henrik

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here