Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs Royale - Pork Ribs like Johnny Trigg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeedyB
    commented on 's reply
    Henrik my spares seem to go a good 6.5 hours generally but yes, the wrapping makes a big difference, esp in the foil.

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Ha ha! Get the tiger sauce if you can, it’s an important part of the equation.

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    SpeedyB - I would not cook these a minute longer. The wrapping speeds up cook time. That’s why.

• FishTalesNC
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the idea Mr. Bones ! I think you’re right, brushing it on should work fine, and I’d guess the honey and brown sugar will still "stick" when applied on top. Can’t get honey off of anything when you actually want to, right?

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    FishTalesNC I also vastly prefer real butter...

Might try like I do, when usin butter; melt butter, brush on protein.

I generally use one of these here, an a small silicone brush; perfect fer butter, sauces, glazes, etc., indoors, or out on th cookers.

Hope this helps ya, Brother!

• Willard
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	642DC61E-AC8C-4C59-86C1-00405DF6F754.jpeg
Views:	355
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	660720 My son-in-law just told me some of the sausage they made was with Tiger Sauce and brown sugar. You can find it in here somewhere... Click image for larger version

Name:	6B4D4E44-B5E3-415A-BAA9-B7D82942AA9D.jpeg
Views:	353
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	660721

Leave a comment:

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    replied
    I've done this a few times, minus the Tiger sauce. I have 6 racks on the Yoder peller pooper as I type. I am about 2½ hours in at the moment. I have to fun to a buddies house to help for a little bit with the whole hog we put on last night, but if I have time, I might try to wrap a couple/three racks up with some butter, BBQ sauce and brown sugar when I get back. I might be able to get 'em cookin' that way for an hour before I have to head to our pic-i-nic. I dunno, I've got so many things to do on so little sleep (and prolly a little hung over, lol), I'm not sure I can pull it off.

I wonder if I can find Tiger sauce at our WalMart... hmmm....

Leave a comment:

• SpeedyB
    commented on 's reply
    @ Elton's - understood but <4 hrs seemed pretty darn short

Henrik Copy. For spares though, that's probably as little time as I've seen. But you know the ropes so Im sure they were delectable!

• efranzen
    commented on 's reply
    I have that same book and the recipe for his ribs seems to be missing the initial cook before wrapping. It describes setting up the fire and then goes straight to talking about foil.
    I think they pulled the same trick my Grandma does and leave out a key part, so no one can match theirs.

:-)

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, I'm sure baby back will be just as good. Butter + Tiger sauce is a winner.

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    That's what my arteries are telling me too, Lol!

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Elton!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Good to know. Thanks, Henrik .

K.

• Lock Stock and Barrel
    replied
    Stop! your killing us!

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Yep I had to google it also. Going to translate this recipe to Spanish for my customers.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here