Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I search for a specific meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I search for a specific meat?

Okay, I want to search for "pork loin roast" recipes. How do I do that so that nothing but recipes that have the exact phrase "pork loin roast" show up in the results. So far I get all manner of results that have pork and/or loin and/or roast somewhere in the post. Frustrating.

MSgt, where are you stationed? What is your AFSC? Im out at Ellsworth AFB as an ALS instructor...just curious. you use to be able to search the free sight and the pit. I haven't been on in a while so im rusty at this as well. Search bar, search Pitmaster Club

Comment

• dubob
      dubob commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Jeff_Carley, thank you for your service. I am retired (20 years, 5 months, & 4 days; but who's counting) as of Nov 30, 1980. Retired out of Hill AFB and was a 303X2 (Radar Tech/Supervisor).

Once upon a time, in the dawn of the Internet era, you could get most things to search for a phrase rather than individual words by enclosing the phrase in quotation marks. e.g "pork loin roast".

Somewhere along the line that stopped working correctly. For the last several years, I've modified my technique by doubling the search phrase. e.g. "pork loin roast" "pork loin roast". Often that still works, but doesn't seem to work inside of the AR website. Sometimes, I've resorted to single quotes, such as 'pork loin roast', but that doesn't work either.

I guess the only way we can find out whether we can still do such searches, and if we can, the exact syntax that needs to be utilized is to ask the people responsible for the program code. So, raywjohnson, can we do this, and if so, how?

Best regards,
    Jim

Comment

It's really not that difficult. Here's what you do. Click on the Search button drop down on the button bar on the top right side of the page. You can do a simple or advanced search in either the Pitmaster Club (where we are now) or on the free side of the site. Plug in Pork Loin Roast and several recipes will pop up, a couple of which are by yours truly

Any questions let one of the Mods know and they can help you.

Comment

Originally posted by dubob View Post
        Okay, I want to search for "pork loin roast" recipes. How do I do that so that nothing but recipes that have the exact phrase "pork loin roast" show up in the results. So far I get all manner of results that have pork and/or loin and/or roast somewhere in the post. Frustrating.
        As far as I can tell, vBulletin (the Pit forum software) does not support exact phrase search ... which is indeed frustrating. There is a tutorial page HERE that says the default search is an AND search ... but it doesn't seem to work that way.

For now, your best bet for finding pork loin roast recipes is to go to the PORK sub-channel under [Channels]/[Recipe, Technique, & Food Discussion] and restrict your search for "loin" in just that sub-channel. Tedious ... but it's better than nothing.

Comment

I agree you may get mixed results but here is an Advanced Search return. I see at least three pork loin recipes in the Pitmaster Club site.....

Search Results: 100 results in 0.0011 seconds.
          Keywords
          pork loin roast
          Members

Tags
          • Sort By RelevanceTitleMembersDate - started postDate - last updateRepliesLikesEvent StartRelevance
          • Order DescendingAscendingDescending
          • Page of 4

• Administrative

Comment

Here's what you get when you choose the Amazingribs.com side....

Moist And Tender Pork Loin, Sous-Vide-Que Style

Create perfect pork loins every time with this recipe for sous vide and smoked (sous-vide-que) pork loin. Lean pork loin is cooked to perfection in a sous vide water bath until moist and tender before being finished with indirect heat on the grill until smoky and golden brown. You'll never look at pork loin the same.Smoked Stuffed Pork Loin Roast Recipe

Smoky, tender, and spectacular looking, this tested recipe for a smoked stuffed pork loin is a surefire hit at your next cookout. Because pork loin is so lean, it is a great cut for stuffing with something moist. Butterflied, stuffed, and rolled before smoking, this dish has special occasion written all over it.Best Pulled Pork BBQ Recipe Ever

This easy pulled pork recipe skips the slow cooker to create authentic low and slow smoked pulled pork on a smoker or grill. With smoke woven through the moist meat, bits of seasoned crust, and a gentle splash of BBQ sauce, BBQ pulled pork is a foolproof low and slow smoked food, perfect for feeding large crowds.Pork Cuts Explained

How do you tell the difference between rib cuts? Learn all the names and characteristics of the different rib cuts and how to cook them.Smoked Pork Crown Roast, The Reigning King Of Your Holiday Meal

Looking to wow your guests this holiday season? Cut from a 10 or 12 bone rack of pork that is trimmed (Frenched) to expose the ends of the bones, a pork crown roast is the ultimate edible centerpiece. It is also perfect for filling with a flavorful stuffing as done in this recipe for smoked pork crown roast.The Science Of Cooking Prime Rib, Tenderloin, And Other Beef Roasts Recipe

There are some tricks to making great prime rib, tenderloin, round, rump, and other beef roasts. Discover our secrets for cooking and serving a juicy, tender beef roast that is evenly cooked from edge to edge with a deeply flavored crust. Our top secrets? Embrace the reverse sear!

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your help TM!

So I went to the Pork Sub-channel and did a search for LOIN. That turned up 4 pages of discussions (threads) dealing with pork loin most of which were about roasts. Scrolled through them and found what I was looking for about pulling a loin vs a butt. Bottom line: DON'T! So I'll just apply some rub and smoke it to an IT of about 140 without injecting it with anything. I don't currently have the equipment or experience to inject. Learning is a never ending path and I'm enjoying the Heck out of the journey. And getting an exceptional meal every once in awhile while learning is a good thing. 😁

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea try to stay around that 140* mark and no more. Loin is so lean that it dries out quickly and loses character. I like to finish mine with some sort of sweet/heat glaze at the end like a Raspberry/Chipotle combo. Good eats !!!

• dubob
              dubob commented
              Editing a comment
              It's in as I write this and at about 130F. I coated it with olive oil and put some Blues Hog rub on it. I'll post up some pics shortly.

The way I search for recipes is to type in your search engine, " Amazing Ribs Pork loin Recipes ". That seems to work for me.

Comment

Hopefully the above is helpful to you! When in doubt how to perform a function here in our forum, remember to use the Help button in the red menu bar. 'Searching' is one of the help items there, and it details how to use the search and advanced search.

Comment

• dubob
                dubob commented
                Editing a comment
                From the HELP section on searches: "This means that you can search for multiple keywords but not specific phrases." Exactly what I DIDN'T want to find. 😟 Oh well, at least now I know. We're good! Thanks for the reference. 👍

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                dubob Yep, that's vBulletin's search, nuthin' we can do about it. It's not Google. Once you get experience learning its idiosyncrasies it's not bad.

for non-forum stuff (ie the free side) I find it faster to google what I'm looking for +amazingribs. For the forum, I check the protein sub forum and then try different combos. While I fully admit it can be frustrating at times, it has also led to some great rabbit hole discoveries

Comment

Greetings All,

The trick to searching for specific keywords that you want. And you want to require that they are all in the result, you use boolean AND between the words: pork AND loin AND roast

This says, only return result that contain all these words. Click here to see it in action

--RayJ

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Troutman boolean are tricky devils, but if you can catch one it should be taken to well done. Boolean sauce though, good on anything.

• dubob
                  dubob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its been my experience that they taste about as good as clay pigeons. And no amount of sauce helps - unless, of course, its an expensive brandy. Just sayin'.

• raywjohnson
                  raywjohnson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Haha!

Make sure the last two words in your boolean search are "NOT kale ". You'll be better off in the long run.

Comment

• dubob
                  dubob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  😲 Actually, 'Glory' brand of kale, greens, and spinach are quite good. They are all cooked southern style. Their spinach is the best I've ever eaten. 😁

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here