Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, sometimes you just get a really good piece of meat !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, sometimes you just get a really good piece of meat !

I have cooked pork racks numerous times and they have always turned out really good. Today I hit a homerun and I am convinced it was mostly the cut of meat and not necessarily my cooking technique. Sometimes the cut just carries the day. Here are the particulars of the cook: Weber Performer, SNS, KBB with 1 chunk of apple, cook temperature 300-350, cooked to internal temperature of 138, Montreal rub. It was all unbelievably tender/juicy and the meat along the bone was hands down the best pork I have tasted in my life; and, I have eaten mucho pork in my 62 years. The coleslaw was my wife's recipe with diced jalapenos which is also to de for. I served my meal with a hefty glass of Teeling Irish Whiskey and I'm here to tell you it was epic !

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020372.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	654414

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020373.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	654415

Wish you could have been here !

That looks great!

Your post has caused much discussion here about our Easter menu. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Wish we coulda been there to! Now ya let us know. 👍👍👍 🕶

Comment

Great lookin' meal.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

I love coleslaw. Please post your wife's recipe if it's not a secret. Sounds awesome.

Comment

• RustyHaines
              RustyHaines commented
              Editing a comment
              Here you go: 1 pkg. shredded cabbage, 2 fresh jalapenos diced (most seeds removed depending on hot you like it), 1/4 C red onion thinly sliced, 1/2 tsp sea salt, pepper to taste, 1/4 C Herdez guacamole salsa, and 1/4 C Marie's Creamy Avocado Poblano dressing. My wife thought this recipe up and made it for the first time last night and it was most excellent. Enjoy !

• NapMaster
              NapMaster commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the slaw recipe RustyHaines I'll see if I can source the other condiments you mentioned. I don't remember seeing them on the shelves in my neck of the woods.

• synodog
              synodog commented
              Editing a comment
              That recipe looks awesome! Btw, love that Herdez Guacamole salsa it’s become a must have in our house.

You certainly racked up a great meal.

Comment

• wcpreston
              wcpreston commented
              Editing a comment
              I see what you did there

Well, I love pork and that sure looks awesome!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That pork looks spectacular, I gotta tell ya!
                Congrats fer knockin this one outta th park, Brother!
                Might not all be due to jus a great cut of meat, neither!

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Wow that looks good !

Comment

YOU get the credit for knowing the temp to pull it off at.

Comment

• RustyHaines
                        RustyHaines commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I guess I do. I pull pork loin meat (chops, roasts) at 136 to 138. Any more than that and it starts to dry out and toughen up. i have found 136-138 to be the sweet spot for juicy and tender.

Pork racks are one of my favorites. Relatively easy to cook and when you don’t exceed 140*IT they come out great. Try a hot and sweet glaze or roll it into a crown. Good work my man !!!

Comment

I too wish I was there to share that with you. That looks tasty!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here