Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomapork Chop Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomapork Chop Question

I’m going to be asking a butcher to cut me some Tomapork chops. Is there any specific "rib numbers" I should ask for?

Thanks

For tomapork chops, as you put it, I'd ask him to cut it from the loin chop end and leave the rib extended.
    Last edited by Troutman; March 22, 2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I thought I posted this picture but it looks like I didn’t. I’m looking for something like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB133E43-348F-4A57-971C-74E1F9A491FD.png
Views:	144
Size:	437.8 KB
ID:	653643

Comment

Right, that's basically a complete cut through the pork loin rib section. It starts with the loin chop, down to the baby back rib then the spare rib and finally the rib tip. The outer narrow portion connected to the spare rib is the belly...yea bacon !!!

Comment

Thanks Troutman, I’ll make sure I post pictures of my cook when I do it.

Comment

Oh yea almost forgot, Meathead does a great job of breaking down the pork anatomy,

How do you tell the difference between rib cuts? Learn all the names and characteristics of the different rib cuts and how to cook them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here