Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Ribs Practice Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Back Ribs Practice Run

2 racks ribs , 2.5 lbs each slathered in Mustard , rub put on the night before .

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0528.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	653025

Rub mix used on ribs

Name:	IMG_0530.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	653026

Name:	IMG_0529.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	653027
    Ribs put on Pit Barrel at 12:40 pm at a 325 f temp
    Ribs wrapped in tin foil at 3:00 PM with honey , brown sugar ,sauce , apple juice and clumps of I can`t believe it`s butter
    Put back on barrel , temp was 265 F for 1 hr wrapped .At 4;00 PM ribs unwrapped brushed with sauce and a light sprinkle
    of rub .

Name:	IMG_0534.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	653028

Name:	IMG_0538.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	653029

Ribs put back on barrel at 4:00 pm uncovered for half hr at a temp of 265 F , taken off at 4:30 pm
    ribs internal temp was 203 f before serving .

Name:	IMG_0539.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	653030

Name:	IMG_0541.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	653031

That's a great looking plate!

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks !

Lookin' very good.

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks !

Brother, them are lookin fabulous!
    Looks like ya nailed it, this time, right outta th gate!

Would love to hear more about yer rub, an sauce mixture ratios, if yer willin to share... would like to try an replicate this cook!

Smoke On!

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones sauce mixture was 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP Kosmos Peach Habanero ,
      1/2 cup Diana Honey Garlic , 1/4 cup Kosmos Original Comp , 1/4 cup I Can`t believe its Butter. the rub was Equal parts of Kosmos Dirty Bird Rub.
      Kosmos Honey Killer Bee ( approx. 1 tbsp each ) with a light dusting of Dizzy Pig ghost per rib . The ribs had good flavour with a light bite of heat . Thanks for your
      comments . We have 8 weeks to get it right before the competition .

Before I pass judgment why don’t you bring them on out to Hays for me to try to make sure they are up to snuff . Seriously, they look great.

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks , We have 8 weeks to get it right before the compettion .

Man, oh, man that looks good. Some like it hot, and I'm one of them.

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comment . The ribs have the right bite texture and flavour , sweet and some nice heat to them .
      Last edited by BRic; March 21, 2019, 05:52 AM.

Those are some fine looking ribs!

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the comment .

Those look fantastic, thanks for sharing. I particularly love how you layered the rubs on there, I've had fun tinkering with salt/sweet/heat layers on pork. Can you help me understand more about the wrapping portion of the program? I see you put some liquids and butter in the foil, and my understanding when wrapping (which I've never done with ribs) is it braises and tenderizes a bit more during that time, but I can't imagine both racks fit on a grate in the PBC? and if they were rehung while wrapped, seems like the liquids would've leaked out or at least ended up all at the bottom and not braised evenly? Thanks in advance for any help!

Comment

• BRic
      BRic commented
      Editing a comment
      FishTalesNC Thanks for the comment . Wrapping ribs makes the meat more tender and juicy .
      You wrap them as tight as you get them so they don`t braise , and cook faster , they where wrapped only for a hr. you don`t want them falling apart . You put them back on grill and sauce them up and they will tighten back up . Both racks just fit on the grates . ( trimmed them to fit before cooking) they where not rehung .

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it, might try that this weekend, thanks BRic !

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here