Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Bittman's Pasta With Pork Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Bittman's Pasta With Pork Ribs

One of the members posted a link to sign up for Bittman's news letter. I signed up and saw this recipe and gave it a go. Very tasty. Would make it again.

Attached Files

Looks great

Comment

Tasty lookin'.

Comment

I signed up too, and have downloaded a few of Bittman's recipes into my Paprika app. Missed that one though. Thanks for the tip, Old Glory .

Kathryn

Edited to add: Found the recipe. Here's the link:

https://www.markbittman.com/recipes-...with-pork-ribs

Comment

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          I did it in a Crock Pot and it was even easier. Was very rich with all the rendered fat but was delicious.

My Irish Mama used to make that. One of our favorites!

Comment

Interesting, I just did pulled pork pasta, seems pork is the new beef in Italian pasta type dishes !! Nice work !!

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Curious did you smoke the pulled pork or braise in tomato sauce?

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh I smoked it first, then pulled it and made a mean ragu. Served with spaghetti.

Isn’t this a St. Louis thing??

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Bittman says it is a Roman dish. Other than that no clue if it is regional in US.

I have been recently wondering how to incorporate pork ribs into an Italian pasta meal. The web searches I've done generally point to simply using Italian seasonings in your rub and cooking the ribs as we normally do. I will give this a go next week. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Looks good. Typically when we make sauce we start with some oil olive and then brown up some combo of: pork ribs, veal or pork neck bones, sausage (sweet, hot or both). Once brown put some garlic in there and let it sauté but not burn and then add our tomatoes, salt to taste, pepper and if you have it fresh basil. Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer. I usually do a couple cans of crushed tomatoes and a couple of whole peeled that I blend, you could add a little tomato paste but the crushed seems to thicken it up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here