Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help a newbie with Boston butt timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin good. If you have the time try no foil. What's your internal temp, pit temp, and time before u eat?

Comment

I ended up foiling it, simply because the wind is now gusting to 45 mph. It's absurd... a few days ago we were in the 70s. Internal temp is 180°, pit is 240°, and I have about four hours until people start arriving.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I read this and figured you were spot-on timewise, especially if your pit temp rose after wrapping, with enough time for an hour or two in the cambro.

How'd you end up doing?

At 240F you'll be done in plenty of time.

Comment

So the timing worked out perfectly. I ended up putting the butts into cambro for about two hours, and was able to smoke some brats and ABTs too. Everything finished up right around 7:00 PM, and people started coming at 7:15 PM.

Pretty girl was impressed, and I had several inquiries if this was gonna be a regular weekend thing. Couldn't have done it without all of you folks, so thank you!

Comment

• Dr ROK
          Dr ROK commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the box centerpiece on your last pic

Excellent T&P. That's some good looking cue

I'm glad everything worked out!

Comment

• TriedAndProven
          TriedAndProven commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate all the guidance!

ALRIGHTALRIGHTALRIGHT!!

Just saw the ending. Glad all worked out so well. Q looked great! Hope you keep us updated on your Qing!

Comment

Glad it all worked out, I didn't see this post at all. I've been married too long, wife isn't impressed with anything I cook any more...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here