Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs 'n' Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs 'n' Sauce

OK, we're doing Ribs tomorrow in the Drum Smoker. as seems to be usual, the day I plan to smoke is, of course, a real BEAUTY in terms of weather!! Oh, well. We will also be smoking 8 pounds of bacon that has been on the cure. Since I make my sauce from drippings & Fond, We asked for the trimmings as well and we'll be putting those on the smoke to create plenty of base for the sauce. REALLY looking forward to this. Made fresh buns tonight, last week's stale leftover bread is swimming in French Toast Custard for breakfast. Bring on the weather! I got this!!

Welcome Karon, glad to see you over here in these parts! Don't let that weather stop you!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Sounds great. Remember, it didn't happen unless there's pix!

Comment

Karon Adams
        ​Sounds awesome. Mind sharing your sauce recipe. A lot of members here (including myself) like to try new stuff all the time. It sounds like you've got yours down! Also, what kind of drum smoker are you using? What kind of fuel do you use?

Good luck on the cook.

P.S They may move this thread to the tips and techniques section of the forum. (or something close to that) SO don't be alarmed if you don't see it in the same place as before.

Welcome to The Pit. We're glad your here.

-John

Comment

• Karon Adams
          Karon Adams commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll pop over and put my sauce and rub tech in the sauce sections. it is all more of a technique than a recipe.

That's a lot of bacon, do you freeze it or use it in some recipes? And welcome.

Comment

Wow Karen, your post is about 90% shorter than one of your normal posts on the main site. hahaha

Thanks for the support!!!
          Last edited by Jerod Broussard; February 20, 2015, 04:46 PM. Reason: I keep spelling "site" as "sight"

Comment

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            I was in a hurry! Actually, I haven't been feeling well, lately. most of the actual cooking is being done by HeWhoMustObey, today. I'm not my usual Loquacious self. sorry. I'll try to be more entertaining tomorrow. ;-) We just pulled the bacon off. and, yes, that is a lot. We bought a whole belly and it was skinned so it is nearly all bacon. We are the smokers of choice in our neighborhood. whenever I am doing a cook, I let the neighbors know. usually someone wants to throw something on for their families as well. The bacon has already been claimed. we'll keep most of it for our use and for the freezer but we do have three neighbors claiming a pound each. the rest we'll freeze and use as needed. I don't see the point in smoking just one pound at a time. fortunately, I have neighbors who like good food. so, anything I make usually is shared. since it is just the two of us, now. if I didn't feed the neighbors, we'd end up cooking one dish on Sunday and eating leftovers of the same thing all week. and that stinks!

Welcome Karon! We're glad you're here. Like Dave said, we love pics!

Comment

• Karon Adams
            Karon Adams commented
            Editing a comment
            We're saucing the ribs as we speak so they should be ready to munch in a short bit. Don't need a fridge to cool the bacon, just set it on the washer in the garage! I baked rolls yesterday for tonight's dinner so we are set.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Karon it's great to see you active in The Pit. After you've had a couple of weeks to get settled in let me know what you think!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here