Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The three little pigs - Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The three little pigs - Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe

The Three Little Pigs

Here's a recipe I created last night that features a pork trifecta, a creamy herbaceous soft cheese center, savory mushrooms, colorful carrots, and apples for a touch of sweetness. The recipe was designed for the rotisserie, but you could easily smoke, or oven roast instead.

Ingredients:
    • 1/2 pork loin (about 4.5 lb.)
    • 4 pieces of bacon
    • 8 ounces of crimini mushrooms, sliced (or wild mushrooms)
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 tablespoon panko
    • 4 oz. Italian prosciutto
    • 1-2 tablespoon Italian parsley, minced
    • 4 oz. log of herbed goat cheese
    • 1-2 bunches rainbow carrots
    • 1-2 red apples, sliced
    • Olive oil
    • 1 teaspoon of butter
    • Salt and pepper
    Crisp the bacon in a pan, reserve 1 tablespoon of grease, set bacon aside. Cook mushrooms and garlic in the bacon grease over medium-high until browned (add olive oil if necessary). Allow mushrooms to cool, chop the bacon, then combine well with the panko and parsley.

Roll-cut the pork loin to a 1/2"-3/4" thickness. Generously salt, and add fresh cracked pepper the inside of the loin.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0oMihds6NGNE_Dst1xpZthG-IKmGbyecXf3r1kaY8zE8VWBhx6tee_oi6e_jsZNwRgKTERa9S109ux9lL3NjRZknBOzL-YiuHgD70cufIl015kt8GtZVPRkrZRZNjsIfo-TkjcK-azA3Jz8pkvILb8_o7OmevrF-SB_2LxZJiEnowMbNDOmj27iqLudhIN4FXIREq6QU9ULqx-yzEc_TIHU39km-cYI2jv4HaeC5PTyRfxCzlChn4sfRQv2I9VH
Views:	736
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	642827

Evenly cover the loin with prosciutto.

Name:	GDoecrkkR97bVFKdoMrusT5iQHBCCxnT0NXvsOBiyDavGIvpjg17JLj8rqgLc3wh4KCp6knDjnragxsG0w6ZwYmuIKYj-vVp-GTDiihjFwIleLVnzrzXT0pC8BYc2ut2KyVanbrytPXyA5RDCP-ojRZ0rdgY1fmnirmONDM25Yvg_enQE8lfhKxDFuZvDiTP85kgQDm-fheQSYlUntTlRaZIjAKWkLN48GPpnBj5KPor886oTAD0_OL3gi5FgMk
Views:	468
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	642828

Spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the pork loin.

Name:	TphUejiYHlMZEdgsC3I03QiY0MyWrGF5oUIVMacE3eIQFQ4DJYeypYEbQVhIPbG_WgazjoQnaB7zrKPwjNVdOtOJ7Qi6EdDOuUdns-yaUdpEAqShhxFiYwH0drj3wS6QVgw2_ukk_pIyvN8S-gjX6TsiP4pYLQBqTb_AMYghk1tVtGyEJBLuHOEoqa2vjAqblE1e2rS4JPn3ToVEkhEGAsleRXRAhp9nlRicryequqEBa3uzVjVeFQbc4O_46PU
Views:	432
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	642829

Divide the cheese into thirds lengthwise and place on the pork loin.

Name:	7N9sWUz35alroXFgu_ertzDh7W1TfbMpgt9cEhHMPDmN6sa18m199sse5dxJWxM9J0ZDePu54R6J2G0BKww8KxztVBSmKoI9H2vk7GnYt3BSmc5p_Zajm4VIkYIW2Jv5jyNs7ihLHop0leNXxUXBBvDP5Nm4AY-NKQr0S5E1K9oEtU2coWkm12Ojqxa7mIsf7J-ZAeHmb17hFLg_NoNkIv21R9YslkAkKosZPXShfVGrHy6N4iDL2P7uPRPSij-
Views:	443
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	642830

Tightly roll the pork loin up around the cheese and tie with butcher's twine. Generously season with salt, and add fresh cracked pepper.

Name:	lN1NnB8NVvEe5Dhs_O5uwq3Px8dDS_OJ9v-kpnR9-bVaZh3icu5aB9CEIOuoipQ7DTGicxEsuA_dA_opIxD2srX2XRjCnErVJX9FiR-qSqmUZIRg2EdL9GPb_r5Z2H-sWhtOV3ImBKqL7ODQplYmYWvwQA2Uus56R5RDontXWN1Sx3p9CHG7rmVk3oEBy5fRvWoJsfPP9G2XzZEa1fWN6cEukyfsr8HvHmcdYgD3M3qR5NuiRTMWSiPqcymZeYg
Views:	463
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	642831

Preheat your grill to high. Insert a rotisserie spit through the center of the loin and mount to your grill.

Name:	s6buaTm-OYN1i3PmBjyleYwXWdyzmopuICBOWPEkRf6lJWmbrQqlFRoLpA63Z3L0lYoMY-MlZgPj2suTVGSKe8UwIIzsWNU3oAOYV8WMtqOgE81DvXMM9NswumArRxDUrKLIKwVxeo0XfkSwn6rxG1_bJrc9A7qeSvK_oVRSfC3zjXKbWdEYjG6IRR4K5MC2SHTPquztwJtuc5ZXJMjoQE7CP6oRn9oFg8aBE3clCF6HIir4jGuOX3inevbw6ST
Views:	394
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	642832

Let the pork loin roast until it begins to brown then turn the heat down to medium-high and continue to roast. Trim the carrots and place in a foil pan, drizzle with olive oil, salt to taste, add the butter. Place the carrots below the pork loin and roast until done (timing will vary based on your setup). While the pork roasts prepare a green salad.

Name:	tpeML3XUvbi-8gooylhv3fjc1ln68vJx_0VPf0vkcctGMIvg6LB-MEHCNwjoR7FP2kCnW9axu4u82Ulqj5TEDCz63tXN-fi6ZEDNltw-vBuV_Eij2MbDvBSy4saYdVjKtKYTqXRMqosr9eGiB1PW4KYN9_EpmWF41ZulroYehylkuVxv42JPp6HNKxR-3r7HOBoC5hmVONw0QwYTLQ6H10cCmzQ6YFfChEAEhtPMlyh0m3dZVRkVqDuGAOCjGpw
Views:	403
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	642833

When the pork loin reaches 145f turn off the heat and continue to spin the loin for 3 minutes.

Name:	dtbbAE1Q9RjSwklKnRXDNCKWFjIbKTIk06AZMAMZofy7rELOqTE4THJvSBmSsggb388SSviM0X_rW8MS-233_6kukYJ2dPNBZFAIMEEyl9WsCvAep4SfzkDP47S8k2kPJcnX6-rrMlrtxRIeBGSpF9CF4D0Mq9R_KuwYzITPk3b3Pef5yvCZWe6RM1q31fnZs3wqnsh_66UyM_ZkLM6kxi93Z9bWntznSpCJPDNX0P2x-6izO-l3BgkgnNTHv5v
Views:	433
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	642834

Slice the pork loin for serving.

Name:	qeI5LMDYArYOz66FXezG9a76Z0b3i7enuEoP5iIahnfU9JEF5re7xr58Wl3AfdO-jdyZ3xCaNFl49Qqfwr-KLeFw-qUtyItPnzfppeYaTL8UTAJzvND0KjTOYgI-2IitUz5x9IYkaqhI7_FiZXGUn9-ApiAFKd2O3SaoIt6fdPoTpxxMrued6H6oKFbc6VnNw7VcFEydj0UB_948YpW1gY0S4ffft5r5L1_HeFZBe6r_zJLeQwOpRi-Xack0ELZ
Views:	440
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	642835

Serve with the carrots, apples, a dry white wine such as Chenin blanc, and a green salad on the side I recommend olive oil and balsamic dressing.

Name:	1xsq2e3BnkFJY4MqXnN29JFzoyHKiJwIG-her27dsCMJG9LHwM1giLxqb5wthjDNwQff3ZRGUYZMF1l77aEs3kIb8Z2DN1X6EUFVW_2lgw_JN_BHSduE1CKNkXf4p4T1ZsZHvEL64sMjXbiUflShu17DM9cmK4FenoCvDy4D0yZ7Vv-1jUW8rODg12_e7RaZkVbI7HESFru7AO6NYFMKUkdrlv_kuwrHDmGu_tgiNPoAp7qIBZsKzeVgmlyLVt7
Views:	449
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	642836

Awesome!

Comment

Are you Troutman masquerading as Attjack? This is a thing of beauty. I especially like the carrots under the roast - I know it is a simple thing and probably common, but I am pretty slow...

"Created last night". Dang.
      Last edited by klflowers; February 27, 2019, 01:07 PM. Reason: Added created last night - I missed that on the initial read.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        You certainly stepped up to the plate with this one.

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have a rotisserie, but I figure I can put the veggies in the SNS DNG pan and get the same results. This weekend, I hope...

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice!

That looks fantastic.

Comment

klflowers I also have a Caprese stuffed flank steak recipe I wrote up a while back.

Comment

Sounds really good.

Comment

Wow that looks very . Your pics tell the story . Thanks for sharing !!

Comment

This certainly is winning material !! Great job Attjack !! Keep them coming.

Comment

• BRic
                BRic commented
                Editing a comment
                Troutman Love your new pic , look like you mean business !!

That looks awesome. I tried a similar feat a week or two back. I have to work on my roll-cutting skills. The loin was great but visually, it was not exactly what I wanted. I have 3 more 1/2 loins in the freezer and I plan to stuff each of them. Just need to work on my skills. If you have any tricks, let us know. I'd appreciate it.

Rhett

Comment

• Attjack
                Attjack commented
                Editing a comment
                I use a meat slicing knife and try to keep it parallel to the cutting board and to the edge of the meat working an inch or so at a time, cut, roll, cut, roll. Once completely cut I press it down onto the board and cover in plastic wrap then pound it with a rolling pin until any thick parts are more uniform.

• NapMaster
                NapMaster commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I would enjoy pounding it! Hammer time. I'll try that long slicing knife next go around.

That is definitely a candidate, what a nice cook!!

Comment

That Pork Loin looks Great! (I thought you'd have called when it was ready to eat!?!?!?)

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I should have since now I need to leverage the leftovers tonight. Next time!

Officially hungry.

Comment

That looks great. There is a reason why we need a rotisserie.

Comment

I forgot the first step:

Use a rusty hacksaw to cut a whole pork loin in half. I find this pairs well with a glass of whiskey.

Name:	H7IcjiC9mS2ye_dnePGRMdzQmkJ_vuAdZhbZLg7IZrlIULejPY-qM6l0Hz7TZBPuVAHJuLkWHfnfOS23bzCqUVswS3-KueVONH2en3uYZO0-OzlVltGLaLFfpaTdDdWPNjyUA13X4JBVUxSy3DIPYZXcTker8FdnnakQH2ZX2uqaelB8AfMZgnkdYLBQY7yK8nUDAeRjBafBx7x1W01K2Sk5Wov8nTTdn4argMP1wHML-Z_Q0--yRblMDoAvCwn
Views:	394
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	643027

Comment

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Adds a little flavor

Wow. That looks fabulous, and something I'll have to try on my rotisserie. And I second klflowers "Created last night, dang" thought.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here