Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome Smoked Pork Loin Roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome Smoked Pork Loin Roast

Smoked pork loin roast (smoked at 225F to an internal temperature of 140F - took about 2 hours). It was rubbed with McCormick's Montreal Chicken Rub. Served with roasted carrots and salad (not pictured).

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork-roast.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	63576

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork-roast-carrots.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	63577

Looks great! Evenly done throughout...well done, Mark.

Comment

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. If you look close you can see a faint smoke ring that's pretty wide.

That looks delicious. mgaretz, I'm curious as to what the cost per pound was as I've never cooked one. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      The cost per pound runs between $2.49 and $3.29 depending on, well I don't know what it depends on! I buy it at Costco in the big Cryovac package and slice it into smaller roasts then vacuum pack and freeze.

I was in two different Costcos today (only one near me has an optometrist) and I was about to buy some pork loin there as the roast above was the last one in the freezer. It was $3.29/lb. Decided to go to the Costco closer to home to order my glasses and they had theirs for $2.15/lb. No clue as to why the difference. Sell by date was still a week out and was the same as their other pork (checked the ribs to see if they were marked down, but nope!). So I bought two! That gave me 10 roasts ranging from 1.5 to 2lbs each. Usually I slice them into chops after thawing, but tried something different this time!

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I don't have a Costco nearby, only Sam's so I'll have to check them out. I'll put this on my to cook list!

• mgaretz
      mgaretz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sam's has them too.

Actually the title of the post should read Pork Loin Roast - it's not the tenderloin. David Parrish can you change it?

Comment

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Done. Nice cook!

Nice Job!

I usually buy a full loin, too. Half goes on the smoker, half get's cut up into chops. Great way to get the cuts you want, and really cost effective. I don't buy unless they run 1.99 - 2.49 / lb. Right now, their up to 3.49 / lb @ the local Krogers and Publix.

--Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Nice Job!

I usually buy a full loin, too. Half goes on the smoker, half get's cut up into chops. Great way to get the cuts you want, and really cost effective. I don't buy unless they run 1.99 - 2.49 / lb. Right now, their up to 3.49 / lb @ the local Krogers and Publix.

--Ed
      My local store had full loins for $1.98/lb for about a month. I bought two, around 10-12lbs each. Sliced it all into loin chops. I took that price for granted since the "sale" seemed to last so long, and a couple days ago I went there to get another one or two, price is back up to $3.99. Uggh.

Comment

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel your pain! Beef prices are bad enough, but now pork is way up there too!

My grinder just sits quietly in the pantry, waiting... waiting...

6.49+ / lb for Boneless Chuck!!!

Great job, Mark. That pork loin looks really tasty.

Kathryn

Comment

By the way mgaretz nicely done! I like the "salad (not pictured)" line. I need to say that to my wife next time she gives me a hard time for not having any salad on my plate at dinner. I'll just say "oh, it's just not pictured." I wonder if that will fly.

Comment

I can see the juiciness of your cook from the pics, which means nice job! That dewy moistness makes my mouth water.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here