Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork rib loins... the aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pork rib loins... the aftermath

Thank you for everyone's advice yesterday. The end result was a success.

Wet brined overnight with Blonder's brine recipe. This afternoon, split the ribs and smoked two recipes side by side.

Left - coarse ground pepper followed by Malcom Reed's - Killer Hogs BBQ Rub.
    Right - Light dose of course ground pepper, Rosemary, Thyme and garlic powder.

Both turned out wonderfully. The baby backs on bottom tasted great too! In fact my 2 year old came back 4 times for more ๐Ÿ˜† 3 yr old and wife loved it as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190210_143525.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.60 MB ID:	635528Click image for larger version  Name:	20190210_144740.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.14 MB ID:	635529Click image for larger version  Name:	20190210_144548.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.75 MB ID:	635531Click image for larger version  Name:	20190210_150703.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.28 MB ID:	635530

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190210_185103.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.07 MB ID:	634959
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190210_185248.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.19 MB ID:	634956Click image for larger version  Name:	20190210_185456.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	634958
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SpeedyB; February 12, 2019, 10:47 AM.

That looks fabulous!

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Henrik!

That looks great! Just awoke and now would like some for breakfast.

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Oakgrovebacon I'm only a thousand miles or so away.... c'mon down ๐Ÿ˜†

Those look fantastic.

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. At 6000 ft things dry out but every bite was moist on these, thankfully

Very nice!

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

Congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks RonB. I'd been having some challenges lately getting meats cooked through and moist, but this one worked!

Awesome cook now pull the trigger and become a member so you can all learn together ๐Ÿค“

Comment

Fire Art, I'll be joining no doubt once the trial is up! This group has been extremely friendly and helpful ๐Ÿป

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        That is great to hear! Thank you for the support! We depend on fine folks like yourself! Great cook too!

Good work young man. That's an interesting looking loin, appears to have been cut off the bone. Bet it was delicious !!

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Troutman. I received it from a client who works in the meat/restaurant industry.

What bone are you referring to as being cut off from?

Moist & tender, great accomplishment. Its
      cool having the fam come back for seconds +.

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Especially the little one; the only thing she ever asks for more of is spaghetti, and she literally came back four times for more!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Whoa, you really hit a home run, better than spaghetti, wow. Thatโ€™s something for a little one.

That is some beautiful cooking.

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciated. I like when it looks good, but love when it tastes the part too!

Ok, what am I looking at here? Are these loin back ribs with the full loin still attached? I've never seen anything like that for sale. I've done a lot of pork loins, and I've done a lot of baby back aka loin back ribs, but I've sure never seen a pork loin for sale around here with the ribs still attached. That looks amazing!

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes jfmorris, you are correct! You will notice in a thread last Saturday in the main recipes forum, I posted asking what it was. I received them from a client of mine and couldn't quite connect the dots.

Pretty awesome when the back loin and baby backs are connected - you get a combined eating experience when you smoke them together, the slice into chops.

Great looking cook!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here