Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Russian Skewers" (neck of pork) with roosterkoek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Russian Skewers" (neck of pork) with roosterkoek

Today there was a tight window without heavy rain. Time for BBQ.

It´s an overnighter because you have to put big chunks of pork into soda/onions/garlic and cumin. Add some salt & pepper and let the whole thing rest until the next day.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1747.jpg Views:	1 Size:	387.2 KB ID:	634684

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1750.jpg Views:	1 Size:	410.8 KB ID:	634683

The Skewers weren´t long enough to put the veggies on. So I decided to get some mixed BBQ-Veggies as an companion.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1767.jpg Views:	1 Size:	373.2 KB ID:	634685

The dought for the roosterkoek is easy, the miracle is done with some yoghurt.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1768.jpg Views:	1 Size:	327.6 KB ID:	634686

With the meat skewers, we got a nice mixed grill!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1765.jpg Views:	1 Size:	361.1 KB ID:	634680

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1772.jpg Views:	1 Size:	286.3 KB ID:	634682

It startet to rain again, so I had to make sure to get inside quickly ;-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1773.jpg Views:	1 Size:	388.4 KB ID:	634681

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1774.jpg Views:	1 Size:	6.33 MB ID:	634687

Cheerio

Yogi
    Last edited by Yogi77; February 10, 2019, 01:55 PM.

Cool!! I like those skewers!

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Recipe??? Looks sooo goood!

Looks fantastic. Cool setup for the skewers.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I googled roosterkoek but none of the recipes had yogurt. Is it an additional ingredient or in place of some of the milk?

Comment

• Yogi77
          Yogi77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe that makes the difference. I like it a lot this way. It´s the original ingredient in the recipe, no replacement.

treesmacker here we go for the recipe:

2 kg pork neck or butt cut in big chunks
        2 kg Onions
        10 garlic cloves
        just a little hand of cumin, salt, pepper, bell pepper powder
        a bunch of parsley
        2 bottles sparkling water

Put all together and place it in the fridge for 24 hours. Grill the skewers just slowly over middle heat.

For the roosterkoek you´ll need

500 g flour
        150 ml warm milk
        1/2 tblsp salt
        25 g sugar
        1 cube of fresh yeast
        1 tblsp baking powder
        150 g melted butter
        150 ml yoghurt
        1 egg
        kosher salt or a bbq rub you like

Mix milk yeast and sugar together an wait until there is a light foam on it.

Add flour, salt, baking powder, 2 spoons of melted butter, yoghurt and the egg and knead it until you get a nice dough. Let it rest for an hour in a warm place. Make some little flat breads out of it and let it rest again. Put it on the grill with middle heat. When the first side is baked, flip it and put the melted butter on it. Pour some Salt or BBQ Rub over it and grill it until it has a nice brown colour. If everything went right the roosterkoek will rise and get a really fluffy consistence.

Comment

• treesmacker
          treesmacker commented
          Editing a comment
          Terrific! Thank you so much. Saved your recipe... I'll have to try this! Love that we can share recipes all over the world here!

• painter
          painter commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the roosterkoek recipe. I'll give it a try!

Very nicely done, great pictures, good recipe. Thanks for your post !!!

Comment

Looks tasty!

Comment

You just made the list, pal! Great cook! Great set up too! Thank you or taking time to share it with us.

Comment

Yup! 👍👍👍

Comment

It all looks awesome. That rooster bread looks unbelievable. I've got to try that.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Man, ain't this something. I get to make roosterkoek. I can't pronounce it, but I can dang well make it.

Comment

And I love the sign.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here