Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs: Fall Off The Bone--Yes or NO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    I fixed it per your comment. Thanks.

• Mosca
    replied
    I shut my eyes and eat.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    The proper term is "bite through" and yes that's the way I like it as well. Fall off to me is over cooked but if that's how you like it then go for it. Always more than one way to skin that old cat !!

Leave a comment:

• Buck Flicks
    replied
    I like fall off the bone when I'm pulling the meat off the bone of my leftover ribs to put in my ramen. Otherwise, I like a little bite/tug.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    rrsaylor do whatever recipe you like, BoB is just Bite off the Bone so doneness at the end... maybe method isn't the right word

• rrsaylor
    commented on 's reply
    New here what method is BoB i have done and heard of 3-2-1 method

• ribeyeguy
    replied
    Aren't they overcooked if they actually fall off the bone? I've always believed that a rib that requires a slight mouth tug is a perfectly cooked rib.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Deter
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, a nickname from FireMan. I am totally honored!

• jgreen
    replied
    I went with don’t care. Prefer tugable but fall off is ok too.

Leave a comment:

• Timbo54
    replied
    I love ribs either way. I always get compliments either way. However, I have been using the " blasphemy rib " method coupled with Brisket Syndicate's method of bacon wrap ribs. I don't have to worry about cutting them and having them fall apart. The bacon gives a nice bite and chew.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    commented on 's reply
    Solution: Each person gets a whole rack! Or, maybe a half rack if cut prior to cooking?

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    Fall of the bone makes a good sandwich or some Asian dishes... I liked ribs, but didn't love them until I discovered BoB as the better method for my tastes.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Agree with Dub D, wibs is wibs.
    Unless it’s from a chainfries that specializes in whatever, then it’s somethin I won’t eat.

Leave a comment:

• Mudkat
    replied
    I "prefer" tug, but don't recall ever disliking a rack of ribs.

Leave a comment:

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    replied
    The only reason fall off the bone ribs bother me is I get irritated trying to cut them and they're falling apart. Never had a complaint from the family or guests. They always tell me I'm crazy for complaining.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here