Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribs: Fall Off The Bone--Yes or NO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs: Fall Off The Bone--Yes or NO?

Someone on this thread ( https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...l-off-the-bone ) suggested a poll, so here it is.

Do you prefer fall off the bone or bite through (tug/bite off the bone) ribs? Note: (Replying "Can't stand ribs period" requires us to "git a rope").
    Fall off the bone
    19.35%
    Bite Through (tug/bite off the bone)
    64.52%
    Don't care
    16.13%
    Can't stand ribs period
    0%
    Last edited by Willy; February 11, 2019, 03:55 PM.

If I want fall off the bone I'll go to a !@#% Applebees.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahahahaha. And get some bone slivers along with it. 😡

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      So you're saying even the bones are fall off the bone, Steve B ?

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Last time I did Chili's (OK, the same as Applebee's) ribs (I want my babybacks...la la la) they were way too small and way too tough. "Bout four years ago--never again.

I like them just firm enough that slicing them apart doesn't cause the meat to fall off the bones. I don't automatically dislike ribs just because they do happen to fall off the bones, but I feel like too many people think this is some ideal thing that only a really talented pitmaster can do.

Comment

I said "don't care" because Mrs. Hawker and Hawker JR like fall off wibs. I know which side of the bread my butter goes.

Comment

I'll take them either way, cause wibs are wibs. However, last year I had some directly out of a whole hog pig pickin' that were melt in your mouth heaven!

Comment

The only reason fall off the bone ribs bother me is I get irritated trying to cut them and they're falling apart. Never had a complaint from the family or guests. They always tell me I'm crazy for complaining.

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            Solution: Each person gets a whole rack! Or, maybe a half rack if cut prior to cooking?

I "prefer" tug, but don't recall ever disliking a rack of ribs.

Comment

Agree with Dub D, wibs is wibs.
            Unless it’s from a chainfries that specializes in whatever, then it’s somethin I won’t eat.

Comment

• Dan Deter
              Dan Deter commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, a nickname from FireMan. I am totally honored!

Fall of the bone makes a good sandwich or some Asian dishes... I liked ribs, but didn't love them until I discovered BoB as the better method for my tastes.

Comment

• rrsaylor
              rrsaylor commented
              Editing a comment
              New here what method is BoB i have done and heard of 3-2-1 method

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
              ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
              Editing a comment
              rrsaylor do whatever recipe you like, BoB is just Bite off the Bone so doneness at the end... maybe method isn't the right word

I love ribs either way. I always get compliments either way. However, I have been using the " blasphemy rib " method coupled with Brisket Syndicate's method of bacon wrap ribs. I don't have to worry about cutting them and having them fall apart. The bacon gives a nice bite and chew.

Comment

I went with don’t care. Prefer tugable but fall off is ok too.

Comment

Aren't they overcooked if they actually fall off the bone? I've always believed that a rib that requires a slight mouth tug is a perfectly cooked rib.

Comment

I like fall off the bone when I'm pulling the meat off the bone of my leftover ribs to put in my ramen. Otherwise, I like a little bite/tug.

Comment

The proper term is "bite through" and yes that's the way I like it as well. Fall off to me is over cooked but if that's how you like it then go for it. Always more than one way to skin that old cat !!

Comment

• Willy
                      Willy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I fixed it per your comment. Thanks.

I shut my eyes and eat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here